VSG Maintenance Group

04/12/2020 EASTER

ocean4dlm
on 4/12/20 2:21 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

I am more spiritual than religious, but a feeling of fresh beginnings inspires me today. As a child, our tradition was sunrise service on the beach ( while on spring break with my family in SC) , followed by a generous Greek diner breakfast. The day was then filled with baskets, hunts, and beach themed activities. In adulthood, my brother and sisters and I and our families carried on this tradition, passing it on to cousins. When our Dad passed and our Mom eventually returned to upstate NY the tradition began to taper, as the cousins were now adults with busy lives. I will honor these memories today by taking the snowblower to the shed and exchanging it for the lawn mower. As I rake and weed, I'll listen to ocean sounds on my ear buds.

I am also buoyed by the thought that by mid week EVERY member of our tribe will have TT masks, and great ideas/sharing about how to customize them. I LOVE that people are posting pictures in TT FB page !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/12/20 4:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 124.8 (???), WW Bluepoints 10.

Diane, such lovely memories. I too am more spiritual than religious and don't feel the need to have formal services though I respect that others do (DH was religious).

My masks are traveling around Florida - according to USPS they were in Fort Myers yesterday so should arrive tomorrow. I am excited and will post pictures.

Yesterday we had 2 group chats. They work well, though some of the older women in our groups are struggling with the technology.

Today I am going to make some egg salad, take a shower and get somewhat dressed up, then participate in an online ****tail party at 6. I might try to make a bunny mask for it - I will post a picture if I accompli****

Have a good day with your loved ones, in person or via another means, celebrating Easter, Passover or just that we are alive!

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/12/20 4:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I can't seem to put even the lame OH emoticons in a note - they definitely broke a few things in the last OH software release. I was trying to put a HEART in my post - I also LIKE everyone's posts!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

brownblonde
on 4/12/20 4:50 am

Happy Easter! If any of you wish to hear some beautiful music and a message of hope, feel free to join me at online church.

I am by no means a perfect attendance Christian. But I definitely go to church Easter and Christmas. And it's hard for it to feel the same way without these traditions. I am trying to remember the humble beginnings of the church, particularly that first Easter morn'. Without getting too preachy, I feel that Easter gives us such hope. There is such joy and hope in the midst of such darkness and despair. I'm not sure I've felt so much grief, despair, and disappointment on such a world-scale as I have recently. And that is such a scary and insecure feeling. But there is hope. There is a new day. The tomb is empty.

To me Easter is a lot like Thanksgiving--very minor variations on the same food. The house smells like vinegar between the pea salad, mustard sauce, and hard-boiled eggs for coloing. Today I'm missing my grandmother, who hosted so many of the family dinners forever and ever. I think of her with all the food I cook. HOnestly, in most I do. She was more of a mother to me and I have such big shoes to fill. I'm so thankful for her life, for her long life, that I try not to spend too much time missing her and instead focus on all that we had. She was tickled by Becca in her bunny ears last year and I can only imagine what she'd think of my two imps now.

We are having my parents and stepdaughter over for the meal. I guess there is some risk in that but they have basically been isolation too except groceries.

Food warning:

Final menu:

honeybaked ham, rolls, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese or cheese grits (I'm not making), glazed carrots, pea salad, deviled eggs, lemon cake

We will be doing Easter baskets, an Easter egg hunt, church on tv, the meal. And I have Steel Magnolias set to record. I'll have to post a pic of the girls in their Easter dresses!!

DiamondD
on 4/12/20 7:41 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories. My central religious/spiritual belief is one God, many paths. I find my way to God through the Catholic Mass.

When I was a kid we would gather at someone's house, but the beauty of our gathering was that all respective in laws were part of the group. So if my dad's sister hosted, of course my paternal grandma was there, but my aunt would also invite my mom's parents, my mom's brothers, her mother in law, and the in laws of my uncle, (her brother). We would have a table of just grandmas. I thought all families were like this, and was surprised to discover that people had to choose which grandparents they would see on Easter, or Thanksgiving etc. It was a lovely way to grow up, surrounded by my own lovely grandparents and all the bonus grandparents.

There is snow on the ground this morning, and a snowy/icy wind is blowing. Someone had posted it's a cosmic message, #stayhomethisEaster. And so we shall.

CC C.
on 4/12/20 10:48 am

Happy Easter, my friends!

I still have the same symptoms going on, clogged left sinuses, drip in my throat and heavy/dizzy-feeling head, but it's all extremely minor and no worse than yesterday. Still no fever. How great would it be if this is my coronavirus and it only feels like the most minor of colds?? A girl can hope.

The glory of yesterday's weather has returned to cool gloom today. It should pass for tomorrow.

I finished my knitted scarf. Just need to weave in the ends. I love it. The paints didn't come out yesterday. Maybe today? The vacuum needs to come out too.

My friend left me a gift on the porch yesterday - a lemon cake made in the shape of a bunny! So cute. Definitely not the carbs I need, but they are the ones I want. Makes me wonder if I'll fit out the door when all this is over...

Enjoy your days, everyone!

DiamondD
on 4/12/20 11:41 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Sounds strange to say, but I hope your cold is corona virus too!! I hope for all of that we could have the mildest version, test positive for antibodies, and leave quarantine. Think of what we could do for our friends and family if we knew we could no longer infect them.

CC C.
on 4/12/20 12:31 pm

It would be a relief to have an easy go of it and then be able to stop being so anxious about getting it...

Peps
on 4/12/20 2:38 pm

Good luck with the antibody test! I am trying to no avail.

It would do my dad a world of good, if I could be more interactive with him.

ShirlAus
on 4/12/20 8:34 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Feel better soon Cec