VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday April 13, 20...

Monday April 13, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/13/20 4:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 124.4, WW Bluepoints 31 (yes, wine again).

We enjoyed a nice ****tail party with friends up north early yesterday evening. We all got somewhat dressed up for it. Afterwards we had turkey bolognese for dinner. Really good!

It is already 79 and humid at 7:15 am but very windy. So dog walks will be very slow (as they were yesterday). We may start housecleaning today (might as well spread it out over the week).

Stay safe, stay home, stay healthy.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ocean4dlm
on 4/13/20 4:34 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

I got to mow the back yard yesterday !! So happy !! It rained all night, and we are under high wind warnings today until 11 PM, so I have given myself a choice between spot treating carpets in preparation for a good steam cleaning, or sorting through the storage room downstairs and purging and reorganizing. There is sooo much STUFF I moved out here with almost three years ago that I haven't even thought about let alone used. Time for it to go ! I guess we know which option I will choose ! I made shrimp and cheesy grits for dinner last night, so I need to burn some calories !

Have a great Monday and stay safe. By the way, if I had to bet, I'd bet both Ceci and Peps will test positive for Covid antibodies !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Miss150
on 4/13/20 7:43 am

Sooo much ambition expressed already this morning. I can hope some of it may rub off on me. (I have o doubt that your house Now before cleaning, Liz, is what I wish my house would look like After I cleaned it! As for sorting through boxes, Diane, ... procrastination abounds in SEKansas-

Sun is shining, but very cold and will be till Thursday, they say. Saturday, the little black cat had her kittens in a dog house set up on the front porch- 5 of them. Kurt mentioned that 2 had not survived, and when I lifted the roof off, I saw it was so- both tummy up with the proverbial X's on eyes. I removed them into a soft cloth and, wrapped up, placed the little things in a coffee can on the back porch. Kurt brought the can/cloth/kittens back inside -(this is 5+ hours later) with a very surprised look--Yes, those little creatures were revived- wiggling and mewing- Lazarus #1 ad#2 were returned to the doghouse nursery and, as of this morning, seem perfectly fine! If Kurt had attended to the burial in a more timely fashion, this story would have been much shorter, but not nearly as pleasant. Life does not give up easily.

Thinking of you all....(Bonnie, your Easter pictures are delightful!!!)

Off in search of toothbrush, and a coffee can, soft wrapping cloth and a bit of time, all in the hope and promise of life regenerated.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

CC C.
on 4/13/20 9:03 am

A Easter miracle right on your porch!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/13/20 9:51 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I love this story - it gives hope!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 4/13/20 11:41 am
VSG on 06/13/12

So shines a light in a weary world!

DiamondD
on 4/13/20 11:48 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Very cold here with about a 3 inch snowcover in our back yard. A warm up to a whole 50 degrees predicted, but not until the weekend.

Everything is going fine, all safe, all healthy.

Counting down the days until June. Work is frustrating, not due to the students, it is rarely the students. Special ed paperwork is always onerous, it has become doubly so. Some of my fellow teachers are enjoying this shift, and said they might pursue online instruction in the future. Not me. Lord give me strength. Still feel grateful though, for many things, including no danger of being laid off, and the option to safely work from home.

Peps
on 4/13/20 5:12 pm

I am 100% in your camp. I am so grateful to have my job and my pay check and being able to work from home. I, however, miss the daily interaction with the kids. The best part of my day is the live Zoom classroom meeting on M, W, and F.!!!! I don't think I would enjoy online teaching very much either.

CC C.
on 4/13/20 12:26 pm

My heavy/dizzy head feeling is totally gone. Now I'm left with just a little drainage in my throat which causes throat clearing every once in a while. Feels like the most minor cold you'd make the effort to notice. Hard to believe this is covid, but who the heck knows.

Otherwise, nothing to report!

DiamondD
on 4/13/20 2:29 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

A lot of people with a more mild version are reporting a sudden lack of sense of smell and taste. Anything like that?