VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday, April 17, 2...

Friday, April 17, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/17/20 4:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 123.4, WW Bluepoints 7.

My condo is as clean as it has ever been: dusted (including ceiling fans), vacuumed, floors washed and cabinets/counters wiped down. What's next???

DD got the promotion she has been interviewing for over the last few weeks!!! This is a big deal as she is now officially in a management role (she had been called a "lead" previously). She also gets an almost 20% raise. Her work towards her MBA (done at the end of 2020) has paid off. At least something positive in this time of unemployment.

Speaking of unemployment, I am going to make some donations to Food Banks in the area here in Florida and also at home. It seems like that is the first basic need we have to cover (amongst so many others).

I am really torn by the opening up the country conversation. A little frightened that it could happen so soon, but hoping that it will be possible to start to heal the economy. I'd also like to go home as currently scheduled mid-May if possible, but we will see.

I hope Ann was able to get some positive advice on her seromas. I had read about them after my facelift because I had a lump on one cheek (it ultimately resolved). From what I read all still usually heals properly but how scary to have that happening especially on the face.

We now have a standing ****tail hour meeting with SIL at home at 5 on Fridays. So there is some differentiation for the weekend. So yes, today will be my wine drinking day (trying to keep it to once a week).

Stay safe, stay home, stay healthy!

P.S. I loved Diane S. comment about Diane O's masks: "I had the latest fashion find and everyone else was in sweats." So true!!!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 4/17/20 9:49 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Ha, I'm drinking alcohol whenever I want! Luckily that's not a big lure for me. I definitely enjoy a nice ****tail or some wine, but it does not have the same siren call as things like potato chips and homemade baked goods.

Congratulations to your daughter! Good news indeed.

The snow continues to melt, and with it my spirits rise. I optimistically put out my pansies again.

We are also trying to spread a little kindness with donations or purchases. I just bought some leggings from a young friend who sells lularoe. Ordinarily, not my thing, but I can use them for jammies if needed. All of the theaters etc offered to send refunds for cancelled events, but we chose to keep it as a credit, and hope they survive, and we'll be in the audience again. We tipping more than our customary amount when we have a delivery or do a pick up. None of it is "big" , but I hope small acts can spread a little caring in a difficult time.

After work, I'm going to start putting the kitchen and foyer back together. DH has finished putting down the new floor, and it looks great.

Anyone have recommendations for electric sweepers for hardwood? Sweeping is not so efficient. I've used a dustmop in the past, but I'm thinking I might like a sweeper.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/17/20 10:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I have a Dyson cordless animal and love it (but it is pricey). I dust not just the floor but most of the furniture with it as well (here in Florida - the Cape house is too big for a rechargeable). I bought it when an older model was being phased out.

Wine itself is not a big call, but it is a gateway to snacking for me. I often overeat stuff I shouldn't after a glass or two of wine. Must be some association in my brain which triggers me...

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ShirlAus
on 4/17/20 3:48 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

We have a Dyson stick vacumn and find that works well on the floors and gets all the dog fur up. Only downside is if you want to do the whole house, it can run out of puff. I vacumn up hair etc every day and find it light and super convenient

CC C.
on 4/17/20 12:13 pm

If one is going to throw one's back out (by lifting one's foot up to slide it into a flip flop, which we all know is fraught with danger haha), doing it during quarantine seems like a fine time. It's not like I could go anywhere anyway! I just went through my stash of leftover surgery pills and found a nearly full bottle of diazepam and took one. Hopefully it kicks in soon...

Other plus, wandering to the kitchen seems like a monumental task, so I'll just sit over here not snacking. And other, other plus, I cleaned my kitchen before it happened, so I don't have to stare at a mess I know would hurt to stand to clean up.

Netflix afternoon it is!

In more important news, Liz, did your paper towels arrive??

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/17/20 12:41 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes! My paper towels came one day early! So I'm in good shape (for paper and disinfectants anyway). I bet you had weakened something in your back while cleaning the kitchen, then finished the job with the flip flop...

CC C.
on 4/17/20 1:09 pm

Hooray for towels! Yes, I bet you're right about my back. Added to too much sitting the last month!

DiamondD
on 4/17/20 1:04 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

We've been enjoying the Young Pope on Netflix. I read Little Fires Everywhere, and keep planning to start the series on Hulu. What are you watching on Netflixs?

CC C.
on 4/17/20 1:12 pm

I'm watching Arrested Development for some funny after a touch too much drama lately. I did watch Suite Francaise about a British woman in France during WWII who falls in love with a German officer. I liked it.

CC C.
on 4/17/20 8:44 pm

I switched over and watched all of Unorthodox on Netflix. I find the Hasidic Jewish community in NYC fascinating. Great story.