VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday April 21, 2...

Tuesday April 21, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/21/20 4:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 123, WW Bluepoints 9.

I was hoping to see someone else's face here to start the posts again today.

Yesterday was definitely same old, same old with some badly needed rain in the afternoon. It cooled it off somewhat, but it will be back up close to 90 again today.

I had been thinking positive about going home in mid-May because we have had no new cases/deaths in our county for a few days now. But this morning I received an email from my Cape Cod Alzheimers Support Group that a nursing home near their office had 60 patients test positive yesterday. I expect that a worker must have brought it in.

Today I am going to look at a used golf cart close by for sale. A close friend with mechanical capabilities is coming with me. I had originally been planning to buy one this season but then everything happened with DH. Then I thought I'd wait until next season but the prices are down. I will be masked, social distanced, and being my disinfecting wipes.

Stay safe, stay home, stay healthy.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 4/21/20 6:39 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Hope the golf cart is a good deal. They are opening golf courses here, with lots of rules. I don't really golf, but I do have clubs. I told DH I would be very happy to pay the greens fee and go with him, just to ride in the golf cart. Makes me feel like a kid.

DiamondD
on 4/21/20 6:45 am, edited 4/21/20 1:00 am
VSG on 06/13/12

The sun is shining and my office is full of light. It cheers the soul. DH has the day off, and he is down in the kitchen making a real breakfast: eggs, bacon and homemade hashbrowns.

Well, back to paperwork, and emails with my students. I have a list of students who are needing more support, so I will be calling a few of them too.

CC C.
on 4/21/20 11:03 am

I have nothing new to report! Back same, cold/whatever gone, house a mess, carb intake still too high, weather going up to over 90 this week.

BB, I was ill to see how low crude prices dropped yesterday. I didn't know negatives were even possible. Worried for you guys (and all of us, really). Our gas is still near $3 because it's all taxes that never get used for what they lie to us they will be used for.

Liz, a golf cart would be fun!

DD, your breakfast sounds yummy.

Peps, loved your iris picture! I don't have those, but my roses are exploding. Hooray for early fertilizer!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/21/20 12:06 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

diane S.
on 4/21/20 1:07 pm

Greetings All

So little going on here today. At least not thats very interesting. I had a morning panic when I had to get another document to the bank on our studio loan via some secret software project known only to NASA. I have a pretty good background in finance but IT is another story. Managed to get it done. I think I have some kind of Tech-o-phobia since having to do some new thing sends me into an emotional tailspin.

Cecily I too am eating way to many carbs. And I feel like I am ballooning up. Being sedentary does not help. But today I must go to the post office and seed off a goodie. Then I am going to the studio to fiddle around since I have a private space there and can distance.

Liz I hope you find a golf cart. They are fun to ride around in and probably a necessity in Florida.

Peps what is the absolute most favorite thing to feed a dog that won't eat? Tesla is refusing chicken and hamburger. Truth be told, I think DH is trying to feed her all the time that she is sick of it. As we speak there are 4 kinds of dog treats plus pieces of bread on the floor.

We are running out of tv to watch. any ideas out there? Tonight there is a new episode of "Better Call Saul" which we love.

Yeah hard to believe oil prices are so low - especially with what we pay here. I do have friends who are taking car rides just to get out of the house. Heck, I do that - I just invent some kind of errand. Yesterday I went to a little town to get gallery mail and also to get a pizza at a little place I had been meaning to try. Its great! No more Papa Murphy's for me.

Its a beautiful sunny day so off to shelter in my studio. Cheers all.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

brownblonde
on 4/21/20 2:29 pm

My weight is staying pretty steady so i guess I'm thankful. I had big plans ahead of my surgiversary...but I just need to maintain now. 161.2

Pretty depressed about oil future. Jobs. Local economy. We've been to this rodeo before. Oklahoma City in the late-1980s was a ghost town. Sickening.

I thought I lost my ability to be optimistic before.

2020 can suck it. Virus, death, uncertain jobs. Blah