VSG Maintenance Group

04/29/2020 Hump Day

ocean4dlm
on 4/29/20 1:33 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

SAD has had too much power over me. We had 2-3 hours of sunshine yesterday after two weeks of mostly cool, damp, dreary. I'm still waiting on my order of new mask fabric (wine glasses, coffee mugs, a fish scale pattern AND for my salon ladies if I ever see them again: massaging hands, hair styling items, and nail polish / files). I am overdue for a cut and color and my stylist said she'll schedule those of us who didn't screw up our hair first, so I'm not touching my hair. My nails are long gone, but I usually give my own nails a rest in May and June, for heavy yard work and planting. To pep myself up yesterday, I rediscovered my rock painting passion, and am working on colorful patterns for the back rock gardens. David, BB, Miss Bonnie, Ann, Shirl, Peps, Paula... missing you !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/29/20 4:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 122.8, WW Bluepoints 7.

I love the idea of the painted rocks in patterns in the gardens. That will lift your spirits once the gloomy weather lifts (soon hopefully).

My brother is doing okay. He hadn't really thought about funeral plans, but some of that has been decided for him. Cremation is required and there will no memorial gathering right now. But he has started to think about scattering some of his "wife's" ashes in places that were special to her and I think that is helping him.

Not much press about the opening of the beaches here because it has been relatively orderly. We needed a change of venue so drove by the beach yesterday. We took a walk along the sidewalk because we had Justice but were able to see onto the beach. People were very spread out so not an issue. No large gatherings that I could see. The beachfront restaurants seemed to be doing good takeout business because people were taking the food to the beach. I don't think we would do that because the bathrooms are not open. More counties are opening beaches today with similar rules.

From the other perspective, my town on Cape Cod has cancelled all summer events until 8/31. That includes the Memorial Day parade, July 4th fireworks, July street fair and the August Road Race. The hotels, B&Bs, and restaurants must be groaning there. Announcing it out that far seems a little premature but maybe not.

The usual is on the agenda today - not much. The weather is supposed to be wonderful again today as it has been for the prior two days - sunny, hot but low humidity.

Stay safe, stay home, stay healthy.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 4/29/20 6:31 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Good to see you Ocean Diane. It has been rather quiet here. I was beginning to think lots of people had enough and broke quarantine!

Minneapolis park board has closed all beaches, pools, outdoor concerts etc for the summer also. I would assume the city won't have the summer celebrations and typical art fairs etc. I haven't heard what my suburb is planning for it's 4th of July week.

Transition day from rainy to, hopefully, sunny tomorrow. Overcast with a damp wind.

Back to work! See you all later.

DiamondD
on 4/29/20 3:38 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Are many of the tribe on some super cool zoom call? Found a corona free beach? Out shopping for meat and toilet paper?

LeapSecond
on 4/29/20 6:55 pm - AR

I too have been fighting the mood disorder. I read to try and keep up but can not seem to get a post in. Distraction is high.

I have recently been working on a better dust collection system in the shop. I doubled the size and am installing better / larger duct work. We live in the middle of the woods so I just shoot the dust outside. I will move the pile of dust with the tractor into the garden to compost. By the way I broke my little tractor. I am looking for a larger tractor. I have been making some boards. Some very nice ones. So far I have not cut a live standing tree. That will change as DS starts cross fencing on his farm.

Adalyn has been going to the therapy part of her therapeutic daycare. We have been keeping her in the morning so DD can study and do online classes. Our county has 5 cases total. 3 were imported from a nursing home in another state from what we can find out. The other 2 worked together. And were almost a moth ago so Adalyn is back in daycare for summer. I really don't like it but we will re evaluate as the numbers change. Our population density is very low. Daycare is kind of a Petri dish of any bug that comes along. They are cleaning more often. Taking temps before entry. Keeping entry to children only.

I went to town to the hardware store. I was the only one wearing a mask. Out of maybe 6 customers. Also mowed a couple of properties that DS has. I also filled up with gas. The gas station people were wearing masks. It felt good to be back home at the shop. We have set up a table outside the front door as a receiving station and we spray everything with 70 percent alcohol before bringing it in.

Eating has been hit and miss. Alcohol is part of the calories. Weight is down a few but still up.

David

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

ocean4dlm
on 4/30/20 1:50 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Great to hear from you ! You've been missed !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/30/20 4:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Always wonderful to hear from you. And I am sure Adalyn will be fine.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 4/29/20 7:19 pm

Hi! Late post!

Today's activities included coloring my roots that I could see (to hell with the back), cleaning the kitchen, and taking a long nap. Exciting times! Dull as oats, sorry.

Love your painted rocks, DianeO!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/30/20 4:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

My dark roots are getting prominent- I got a kit to highlight roots only but I am AFRAID!

Peps
on 4/29/20 7:48 pm

Hi Friends,

Yes, I have been somewhat AWOL these days. I have thought a bit about that today. My reasons for absentia are several. I think the most important is that my daily life is simply out of sync with the norm of the past 10, 20, 25 years.

One of the things I mentioned to both my shrink and the nutritionist is that while I have been feeling okay about my disordered eating, I have been having pretty intense self image issues. It was a few days after talking with the shrink and a day before my appointment with the nutritionist that I finally realized the trigger of my feelings: Zoom!

I am also feeling pretty done with sheltering in place - but in only a few ways. I miss the gym a lot. I am irked about not being able to find stupid household staples like flour, cleaning products, TP, etc...

I do not feel like a teacher so much either. I hate, hate, hate assigning work. There is such a difference between working together on a concept with a give and take, back and forth discussion between teacher and students and assigning work. Blech... So, this week I did talk with the kids on Monday about a creativity project. Happily, there was a lot of buy in. I also gave them options for writing assignments this week. The kids seemed happy about that.

Best!