VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday May 2, 202...

Saturday May 2, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/2/20 4:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 123, WW Bluepoints 17. Too many peanuts, snacks and salt but no wine so I can't blame that.

We were in the golf cart parade last night for the first time. It was the biggest one so far with 26 carts and several bikes. Everyone was blowing horns and Justice got overexcited and was barking a lot. When we got back home he had a case of the zoomies for a bit and then needed to relax and settle down.

This weekend I want to attempt some highlighting of my roots. I bought the kit here and don't think I can bring it home. I need to do it before I leave or get another one there which may not be so easy (I bought them early in the stay at home process). Other than that, this weekend (tomorrow) we are having a socially distanced dinner in the driveway with friends from home who also have places here.

I am having second thoughts about going home on May 14. I know my kids really want me to. If I was sure all my appointments were going to be cancelled, I think I would stay into June because there is only about 10% of the disease here and it is mostly in long-term care facilities. Maybe if it stays scary and closed up there I will come back for a while in June (probably not, but it is a thought).

Stay safe, stay home, stay healthy!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 5/2/20 9:23 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Good morning! Love the parade story. Hopefully you and your sil did not get a case of the zoomies too!

It's would be hard to decide whether to return home. Even if the Cape is doing better than Boston itself, you have to go through the airport. I would suspect there will be some snowbirds in your community that will have to return home for various reasons. The density and transmission in your Florida neighborhood may continue to stay low, unless tourists begin flocking there because the beaches are open.... sort of tempted myself. But I won't.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/2/20 9:31 am, edited 5/2/20 2:37 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Luckily we fly ***** Gorda to Providence, so I think the traveling risk is a bit lower than the larger airports. ***** Gorda is super quiet these days and Providence is way more quiet than Boston at any time. Our friends will drive us here and my son will pick us up, so no strangers or strange cars to drive in.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 5/2/20 9:36 am
VSG on 06/13/12

We are going to visit my Mom and Dad today for a social distance tea party and dinner. Actually, just my Mom, because she let my Dad go up north to the "compound", also know as "the land" or the "hunting camp".

I saw pictures on Facebook that my nephew and family were also there. They are sleeping in different trailers. But I know my Dad isn't as careful as he needs to be.

We will be super careful. If my mother gets covid 19, it won't be from us. I will pack up her portion of the tea, and wipe everything down before I put it in a paper bag that has been in the house for weeks. When we need to use the bathroom, we will glove and mask up, and enter from the garage into the utility room. We will clorax before we leave. Even so, my Mom promised she won't go in there for a few days. My mom will keep the door closed between the utility room and the family room also.

Beautiful day, the weather will get rainy and cool next week. Possible frost warning next week. I haven't put any flowers in the ground, just pots and hanging baskets, so it should be easy enough to cover them if needed.

My weight has trended down at least a little bit every day this week. I need to brace myself for an upward tick from scone carbs if I'm going to have tea. Worth it.

DiamondD
on 5/2/20 12:04 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

It's been awhile since Shirl posted... hope everything is okay.

CC C.
on 5/2/20 12:11 pm

Hey all, nothing much to report. Shaved my legs today. Haha. Doing some lizarding, listening to audiobooks. Still eating too many carbs. Walked Ferg this morning and will go again tonight. So exciting!

diane S.
on 5/2/20 2:42 pm

Greetings My Buddies

Sorry to not post everyday but I do check in. Just so little to write about these days. Its raining steadily here and we need it but boy will the yard grow fast.

I got some more bedding plants at the hippy dippy coop the other day. They still sit in their pots as I do not want to be out in the chilly rain. Even the dogs are in lock down. they go out for 2 seconds and come right back in to inhabit the down comforter. No lizarding here as its 50 degrees.

DD hope the tea party is good. Have a scone for all of us. Sounds like you are being super safe with everything. I admit to being a bit sloppy but there has been only one new case in our county in 10 days. The county is now planning a first wave of business reopenings for activities that can be made safe easily. I think our art galleries are among them but who is going to shop for art?

Liz the parade sounds fun. I think you should travel when you feel safe doing so.

Years ago I used a product called "root rescue" that is made for root touch up but can be used as a highlighter. L'Oreal I think. It worked pretty well. The worst thing about those products is the crappy brush they give you. No way to make fine lines - makes hair looked like it got painted by a road striper.

Big decision du jour - which store to go to for some skim milk and wine? CVS is close but their dairy is suspect. Little market is good but further away. Natural food store is the best place but I saw a line outside the other day. Not doing that in the rain. These decisions become complicated when one has little to do.

Oh well, more time to fritter until the rain quits. And clothes to fold. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/