VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday, May 15, 202...

Friday, May 15, 2020 (Not February LOL)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/15/20 5:10 am, edited 5/15/20 1:21 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 121.8, WW Bluepoints somewhere around 43? Much wine and calories were consumed yesterday but it was good. It is beautiful back here in New England. Hopefully I can take a car ride by the ocean this afternoon.

So on the airline travel: EVERY seat was full. Everyone had on masks. But I haven't been that close to anyone other than SIL in more than 2 months so it was disconcerting. If you are likely to feel anxious sitting next to a stranger these days you wouldn't want to do it unless you were sure the flight wasn't full and the airline was booking with space between seats. It was so strange that there were marks showing where to stand in the terminal to keep distance and all the workers there were very careful, but then it was exactly what it always was like getting on and off the plane and sitting there other than the masks. They did provide masks, gloves and disinfectant though. I disinfected my tray and seat belt and didn't touch anything else and I washed my hands thoroughly when I got off the plane, but still...

I am self-quarantined for 2 weeks which is a good thing. I am pretty sure I got on that flight without illness but who knows about what I was exposed to on the flight.

Today is getting reoriented and hanging clothing. I have unpacked everything, but now it has to get on hangers and go back in the closet and drawers. And the kitchen is SO DISORGANIZED and overly full of stuff due to my at home chef.

Stay safe and healthy!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 5/15/20 6:03 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 138
Sleep: 8'46"

This is a VERY QUICK check-in because I'm scrambling to get on the road to The Big City for my two-month post-op check-up with my surgeon. From there I'm driving to KC for a quick two-day visit with my coronavirus-negative stepdaughter. Phase 2.0 is definitely happening for me!

Yesterday's social-distanced outdoors visit with my sister was excellent. We enjoyed our time together and managed NOT to hug each other, which is hard because we're that kind of people. It was so good we're now committed to seeing each other at least every two weeks which, honestly, is more often than we were able to see each other pre-pandemic.

And welcome home, Liz. WOW! Flying on a fully-packed airplane is one helluva way to experience "re-entry." I'd be right there with you self-quarantining after all that. But how wonderful that New England is so beautiful right now. Changes like that are good ones, eh?

That's all I've got for now. Y'all probably won't hear from me until Monday earliest, since I'll have my head quite full of all situation-evaluations and decisions.

xoxoxo to all as you TGIF in place today.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/15/20 6:09 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Have a wonderful visit!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 5/15/20 7:43 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Looks to be a beautiful day here. Yesterday I was in a shady part of the yard that I don't hang out in much. I'm more of the fire pit, deck, porch kind of girl. Anyhow, I discovered a spread of wild violets blooming. They are so sweet. I'm going to try moving them to a part of the yard where we could see them from the deck. Better Google transplanting tips. I love when nature gives me free plants. Although I have enough silver maples, thank you very much mother nature. We have a 30 year old silver maple that was purchased before they genetically bred the seeds out of them. Those helicopter seeds are an aerodynamic wonder, and I find them EVERYWHERE. Hope they annoy my new neighbor.

Yesterday we went to a farmer's market. Not very many stands, as nothing has had time to grow here yet. Honey, rhubarb, and bedding plants. Passed on the rhubarb as we don't need to make a pie. Bought some of the other items.

A music venue in Minneapolis will start drive in concerts in June. They have an elevated outdoor stage. They will have a limited menu served car hop style and will have bathroom attendants who will allow one person in at a time. We're going to try it out! Live music!

Ann, sounds like your visit with your sister was just what you needed. Enjoy your weekend, and travel safely.

Liz, glad you are home safely. Your description of flying gives me pause... If no one coughed or sneezed directly on you, I would assume you remain uninfected, since you disinfected, didn't touch your face, and washed your hands. Good luck with restoring order to your home :)

CC C.
on 5/15/20 9:46 am

Ha! We have a mammoth sibling of your silver maple in MI! Helicopter city, but the mowers take care of most of the babies. The others we have to manually pull out of the flower beds. Here she is on the right in a big storm last year (to the left is one of our many equally self-spreading Locust trees)...

DiamondD
on 5/15/20 10:30 am
VSG on 06/13/12

They're beautiful trees if you need shade because they grow so fast. All summer I am pulling little maple trees out of my hanging baskets and flower bed. I console myself that they feed the urban wildlife. My former neighbor, who I really liked, could not stand to have anything growing in his yard except grass. Not one tree. We have a fairly steep slope in the backyard that has a good amount of shade and trees. The neighbors behind us have left a natural buffer zone, and we've given up on grass on our hill too. I used to tease our former neighbor that our natural vegetation and helicopter seeds, and leaves were his worst nightmare. He told me he liked the shade our trees cast and watching the birds in our yard from his deck. I miss him.

DiamondD
on 5/15/20 1:17 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I just noticed that we are all responding to a thread titled FEBRUARY 15, 2020. Haha, quarantine really does have us not knowing what day it is anymore!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/15/20 1:19 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL! I will fix it!

Peps
on 5/15/20 2:13 pm, edited 5/15/20 7:14 am

I saw the February 15th right away and smiled. I thought, how nice of Liz to celebrate my birthday again! LOL!

My workout was just what I needed. I'm deliciously sore in all the right places. I know, I'm weird that way.

Am having a pretty tough time with my physical self image the past couple of days. Now mind you, I haven't gained any weight during this shelter in place. I have maintained the same weight range throughout. Part of it was feeling out of shape. I get that. To add to my feelings of woe, my father stopped by late last night to make his nightly phone call to his girlfriend because his cell phone was on the fritz. We had a nice visit. We sent him home with some freshly baked cookies that I had made for my mechanic (and for us). As he is leaving his taps my belly and says that my gut has gotten bigger as a result of the cookies. I countered that I have not gained weight and Ron came to my defense and said, yes, Devon is proud that he hasn't gained during the shelter in place. I wish people understood how those innocent put downs demean and undermine. The ungracious part of me still wants to launch a counter attack. Luckily, the adult in me knows that it is pointless and unkind to do so.

CC C.
on 5/15/20 2:36 pm

My claws came out just reading that!