VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, May 18, 202...

Monday, May 18, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/18/20 5:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 122, WW Bluepoints 33 (or so). DS made a great meal for DD's birthday and I partook. It was worth it even if my weight doesn't budge this week. It is my return home week.

My Cape Cod Alzheimer's Support organization starts zoom meetings today. But they scheduled the bereavement group at the same time as my usual group, so I am torn on which one to attend. I will probably do the bereavement one as this would be the first time.

Other than that I will be walking the dog and probably playing cards with my children after DD finishes work this afternoon. DS is so thrilled to have someone here to cook for.

Oh, and I spent an hour looking for the blood pressure monitor and finally ordered a new one on Amazon. I started a new medication a week ago and am supposed to check in with the doctor but can't until I can check it. I bet I find the old one after the new one arrives.

Stay safe and healthy!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ocean4dlm
on 5/18/20 5:49 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Tried to go for a walk while DC is at PT (they are now seeing one patient at a time, after they check in at the ER for health screening) but it is raining too hard. I'll try to be extra active while vacuuming. Went for impromptu take out yesterday afternoon, at one of our favorite restaurants. There are different offerings now, not typically on the dine in menu. Was not impressed, but we did tip well. I have mixed results on controlling the two things IN my control, I chose to focus on... 10,000+ steps 5+ days a week and increasing zero calorie beverages while decreasing grazing. I had two days at 13,000+, two days 8,000+ and three 4,000+, so there is room for growth there ! I have increased water intake and was better with grazing until peanut butter filled pretzels made it into the cart ! BB, love your patio décor. I ordered fabric and a 9" foam block to recover my outdoor couch. Based upon last week's hard freezes, we're holding out until the last week in May to plant the raised veggie garden.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

DiamondD
on 5/18/20 8:24 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Those peanut butter filled pretzels are the devil!! I feel you on the planting, spring is behaving very erratically in our neck of the woods too.

DiamondD
on 5/18/20 8:25 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Liz, I bet your son is happy to have someone to cook for, and also to have company!

DiamondD
on 5/18/20 8:37 am, edited 5/18/20 1:37 am
VSG on 06/13/12

The rain appears to be done hear. It's windy, with peeks of sun.

I bought some of that fancy seed tape for zinnias and cosmos. I dug up a flower bed in one of the few parts of our lawn that gets sun. I'm hoping for a cut flower garden midsummer. I have some snapdragon bedding plants to add to the mix.

My family is ready to try weigh****chers online. We'll be signing up today or tomorrow. We're going with just the electronic version right now, and choosing the buy 2 months get 1 free. All told, for the 3 of us, for 3 months, it would be $120.00. About what we would spend on a nice dinner out. If anyone here can get a discount for a referral, let me know. I'm going to keep using my Omada program too. I like the accountability that my weigh in data is being transmitted to my account. More experiments in weight loss to follow.

ShirlAus
on 5/18/20 3:21 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All

Late today as I got up early to cook for my grandbabies. The youngest who turns one in August loves the Cheese Puffs I make - I dropped some over during Isolation. So I have just made a double batch to take over for them. They are yum. No Bacon left so subbed ham and added some chives. Have also just popped a carrot cake in the oven since it was going. We are going over after work and will take dinner. Its going to be Taco Pies with the salad stuff on the side and then carrot cake for dessert. Did 5 loads of washing yesterday for them and have dried it in front of the wood fire. Its all folded and back in a tub to take back to them tonight. With 2 little ones, the washing seems to breed in that house. I remember it well

Took Mum to get her hair done last night and I got mine cut and coloured as well. It was bliss. And my hairdresser said the supermarket colour I popped in to get me through was a good choice. Win win. Feel so much better after a proper cut etc - as does my mum.

Not much else apart from work and our washing on today until we go over to DSS's. My DS and mum are having a home cooked frozen meal I had in the freezer - so they are sorted for meals. Job done

Liz - It would be so lovely to be home and have your kids with you. I can imagine DS is loving cooking for you all too. Murphys Law will mean you do find the Blood pressure monitor as soon as the new one arrives!

Diane O - Good on you for the exercise and sorry the weather is so unpredictable. Makes it harder. Its great DC has been able to restart PT.

DD - Your planting sounds lovely. Can wait to see the pictures. Im really enjoying gardening and we finally have a vegetable patch after years of wanting one. I planted out lettuce seeds on Mothers day and they are starting to sprout. Its rewarding :)

Cec - Hope you are well and enjoying your gorgeous Ferg

BB - Loved the patio Cushions - you picked gorgeous colours :)

Ann - Hope your trip has gone well and you spent quality family time. How is your BIL? Thinking of them

Peps - See the last of your beautiful puppies has gone to its new home. May you have a good rest minus clean ups and caring. Some time for you perhaps? x

Miss150 - Miss hearing from you. Hope you are doing ok

Leap - Hoping you are also doing well

Diane S - How did the Tuna dish go?

Well I had best get back to work. No weight today - but will sort that tommorrow

Love to you all and have a wonderful afternoon/evening

S

Peps
on 5/18/20 4:01 pm

What is with all you early birds! Are Diane S and I the only night owls? LOL! I can't believe that by a little after 8:00 am you had a double batch of cheese puffs finished. Those don't just get whipped together in 10 minutes like chocolate chip cookies.

Damn! You are industrious! I think I hate you!

ShirlAus
on 5/18/20 4:10 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

I love you Peps :) You just made me laugh out loud.

I started at 6.20am and the cheese puffs are super quick - like cookies :)

Carrot cake is cooling waiting to be iced

CC C.
on 5/18/20 6:41 pm

Uh, no!!! I don't do anything other than drink coffee and stare at the wall before 10:30 AM if at all possible!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/19/20 4:25 am, edited 5/18/20 9:25 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am up by 6:30 am but other than taking Justice for a quick walk I don't do anything until at least 9 except drink coffee and do stuff (like this) on my iPad. It feels like staying in bed late after all the years of getting up for work at 4:30-5 and immediately jumping in the shower. Of course my 6:30 is your 3:30...

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!