VSG Maintenance Group

05/20/2020 Hump Day

ocean4dlm
on 5/20/20 2:49 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

I was working outside 17,134 steps yesterday, with sunshine and 70's for the next 4+ days !! We totally reversed our decision, and picked up herb and vegetable plants, which have been successfully planted in the raised beds, except for the corn which is along the fence (on the outside, where A & S can't join in the digging). I weed wacked and mowed the back yard, cleaned my gardening shed, and put the front and back porch/deck rugs down. I LOVE being busy outside. It keeps my head in such a relaxed and stress free place. I know I can get obsessive and use it to escape a bit (DC keeps reminding me everything doesn't have to get done in a day), but great weather has been so limited I want to make up for lost time. Wait a minute... it sounds a bit like my frenetic mask making... maybe there is a pattern here I should be looking at...

Any ideas/thoughts on a platform for virtual TT gathering ? Anyone want to try Marco Polo as a start? Would so love to see all of you ! Has anyone heard from Miss 150 ?

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/20/20 5:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 122.8, WW Bluepoints 23. I was great on eating until the hour before bed. I don't know what happened. This was NOT a loss week.

Diane, the outdoors is the best place to clear one's mind! I have to admit that I prefer doing it by taking a walk (not working) but you have more energy than I do!

BB, 10 years next week! You are a tribute to the value of WLS. As DD said, you have sustained your loss through a lot. Most women struggle with pregnancies (WLS or not). You have such a great handle on eating in a healthy way and will be a wonderful role model for your daughters.

Yesterday Justice and I took a super windy walk along the ocean. I anticipate the same today though it might be warmer and less windy. Not much else going on.

Stay safe and healthy!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 5/20/20 9:35 am
VSG on 06/13/12

My preferred platform for online meetings is Google meet.

I love being outside, and live for the days I can read on the porch. I am trying to put in an hour in yard work every day. We've been on the run for so many summers, our backyard has been very neglected. The tasks seem endless, and new things keep popping up! Like our yard swing broke last night. DH joked that we joined weigh****chers a few days too late. So now that needs to be fixed. Sigh.

ShirlAus
on 5/20/20 2:54 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All

Didnt make it here yesterday... Was feeling sore after a pretty rugged session with the physio. Im still only getting to 95 degrees when laying on my stomach and bending leg backwards and thats after a lot of dry needling and massage. Yesterday she tried to pu**** past that point after a period of time and safe to say it hurt - A LOT. She thinks its a scar tissue issue - I have moved my follow up appointment with the surgeon forward - so we can discuss options. Apparently a fix is to go back under and have it manually manipulated to break up the tissue - sounds super fun..... She said for most people 95 degrees backwards wouldnt effect them but given I still cant climb over fences and or hop in cars with ease etc etc - thats not me. Im close to 130 degrees forward which is great. Have worked very hard to do everything asked of me so feeling a little down with this hiccup. Guess I will wait to see what he says. Broken sleep last night - the muscles are letting me know that they did not enjoy yesterdays session

Just work today then I am going shopping for my mum. She moves back home tommorrow but I dont want her going to the shopping centres so I will do all that for her. I have enjoyed having her but being honest will enjoy the break. I have waited on her hand and foot. She has had a good 2 month holiday indeed. Everything has been done, from washing, cooking and being served every meal. DH leaves for Queensland next Friday for 6 weeks. I will finally have some much needed solitude. I havent had the house to myself in over 2 months and enjoy the peace and quiet. Whinge over

Diane O - great you are planting. Nothing better than seeing them sprout and produce. I havent heard of Marco Polo but willing to give it a try. Biggest thing for me will be the timing

Liz - Enjoy your walk with Justice - rug up

DD - I think one of the few good things to come from the virus is the amount of things people are getting done at home. I know its been the same for us. Many projects that had been neglected have now been done and we finally have veggie patches which has been on the wish list for a long time. Well done :)

BB- Wow 10 years - very proud of you. You are amazing. I am coming up for 3 years next month and hope to be like you when I reach my 10 year anniversary!

Love to all that follow - I best go start work, we are super quiet and my motivation is sadly lacking.

S

diane S.
on 5/20/20 3:17 pm

Greetings Covid warriors

Is there anywhere in the world this is not happening? I heard some very remote canadian villages were getting visitors trying to escape the virus but sent them away. Don't blame them.

Another death here - another elderly person from the cruise ship nursing home. So sad and the gossip is it was due to foolishness.

We watched a funny short subject film called "The Fisherman". Pretty cute.

DH brought home an industrial sized package of hershey nuggets. The toffee ones are to die for. Already made myself sick.

Ran a few errands - drugs and wine - the essentials of life. I hear the dope stores around here and doing a fine business.

Had to wait in line to even go inside the grocery store yesterday. No more than 25 in store. Its a pretty big place.

DH decided to trim the maple tree as it is hanging over the driveway too low. Works for me. But he also started chopping the neighbor tree. That house is up for sale now and I think we should leave it along. Only get our tree out of its way.

My big climbing rose now looks awesome. Some new computer version does not let me upload them. No clue why.

Just got a pile of junk on what we have to do to get our PPP loan forgiven. Mind you these are not the actual instructions; just blather about what will be coming. Loan was funded 3 weeks ago and now they are telling us this.

I got a letter saying a cardiology office will call me in a couple of weeks. Glad they think it is not urgent.

We still have our house cleaner come and just distance. She likes our dogs and they love her.

Well off to see what DH the lumberjack is doing. Cheers. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 5/20/20 4:56 pm

I had a hematologist appt this morning. There were a lot of people in there! It made me feel uncomfortable. And it's not very big, so social distancing wasn't really happening, but everyone had a mask on. I think that was the most surfaces and door handles I've had to touch in 3 months. Icked me out.

I've had a cough for more than a week. No other issues. Weird, but doesn't feel like testing makes sense. Maybe I do have allergies and they are coming out with age.

My county's covid numbers were not good today. 249 new cases, 6 in my city, and 10 deaths. The most we've had in one day by far. 8 of the 10 were from skilled nursing facilities. Introducing the virus in one of those places is like throwing a match into a pile of dry brush.

Been working on a good puzzle today next to the open french doors on a beautiful day. A nice way to pass the time.

All you industrious people are making me feel really slothy! (Not a word apparently, but should be)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/21/20 5:13 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am not being industrious, though I should start doing something around here. I have used getting readjusted as an excuse.

The brush fire analogy is so true. Almost all the new cases here have been long-term care facilities as well.

I am surprised that they had you all in the waiting room (though I was also surprised by my full flight last week). Here, they usually make people wait in the car and call them in. They even did that for a table at a restaurant in Florida (you called from the parking lot and they either told you to come right in or would call you back). Their tables were on a patio about 15 feet apart.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 5/21/20 10:47 am

I was surprised too. It's a pretty open floor plan, so the waiting area, reception desk, weight/bp/blood draw area are all one and the doctor's office is the other. So me, two other older patients, the receptionist, the nurse and the med tech were all in the same room milling about. They did take my temp when I walked in and everyone was masked, but it felt crowded.

Peps
on 5/20/20 5:43 pm

Yesterday was a busy day! 9 am training session, 11 am vet appointment for the puppies, 4 pm grooming appointment, plus my regular school duties.... But isn't it nice that I can orchestrate all this on a school day and still get my school work done? Can't say I dislike that specific aspect of my work life right now.

This afternoon I went to school to start my clean up. I got a good chunk done. I will return on Friday to finish up. Rumors are beginning to be whispered that school will not open in August as scheduled. Sigh.... I can't even begin to imagine how to start a new school year on line. it's one thing to teach on line with students I know, but a new group of 8 year olds.... How the heck to foster relationships with young children on Zoom??????

Diane, i prefer Google Meet to Zoom.... But I am pretty comfortable with whatever platform you want to go with.

Had a decent shrink session on Monday. Got some stuff out. Next day was able to admit to my BFF how I try not to discuss my food, eating, weight issues with anyone anymore (present company excepted) because I am certain that no one interested AND it is simply embarrassing that after all these years I still don't have a grip.... So, while weight loss surgery has had benefits of different sorts, sustained weight loss has not been one of them.

Lots to think about these days...., but i'm not unhappy ore depressed. So there you have it.

hugs to all!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/21/20 5:16 am, edited 5/20/20 10:17 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I have only used Zoom, but I can figure out another meeting room type if necessary as long as they work on an iPad or Mac.

ETA: I just looked up Google Meet on my iPad - there is an app but it has really low reviews. Maybe it doesn't work well on iOS? I have a paid license for Zoom btw, so I can host longer meetings than the 40 minutes allowed for free.