VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday, May 22, 202...

Friday, May 22, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/22/20 4:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 122.6, WW Bluepoints 18. I must stop the extra snacks I have had in the evening the last couple of nights. I find myself getting depressed here with nothing to do. I am back to considering a return to Florida for 3 weeks in June (as a substitute for Aruba). If I timed it right, the self-quarantine after travel would be eliminated in Massachusetts about the time I get back. DD would come with me for the first week or so.

Cecily, I hope that shakes satisfy you? I have never been able to be satisfied with liquid calories EVEN when it included ice cream (though they tasted good). It's why WW has worked for me because I am still using filling protein first but now I get a lot of my sweet needs from fruits. It doesn't feel like a diet (to me).

Devon, you must be thrilled to be back in the gym. It seems like you are in your element there! I hear you on the BP meds. I had an online meeting with my PCP because my BP is up - he added a med, but it is still hovering too high.

Anyway, today I am going to do something industrious and fill the holes in my stair treads in preparation for painting them. After that I may lizard on my deck as it is supposed to be in the mid-70's, the warmest day for a while. Even though the beaches open here tomorrow it won't really be warm enough to sit for long. However if it isn't windy one could go clothed and eat lunch watching the ocean...

Have a safe and healthy day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 5/22/20 6:48 am
VSG on 06/13/12

I hope you have an opportunity to lizard. I think some warm sun is the best thing for our mental health. Looks to be overcast here forever and ever. Thoughts of escaping on our vacation in June keep rising.

We enjoyed our get together so much last night. We all logged our points too, and all was well.

Work today, and then I'm not sure what we'll do this evening. Tomorrow we have plans for a picnic.

CC C.
on 5/22/20 9:37 am

I misread what was included! It's a protein smoothie, a soup, and a hearty bowl for each day. Yesterday's bowl was a spicy Cuban one with brown rice, black beans and plantains. Really good. The soup was a chunky cauliflower potato chowder. Also good. So not all liquids at all and I supplemented with a hard boiled egg and string cheese for a snack. And my coffees. So I'm not suffering, eating low calorie, or living on liquids. I just needed something healthy and minimally processed that I didn't have to choose for a week or so to turn off my extreme cravings for ****ty foods. It beats pasta, white bread, oreos, chips, and ice cream and takeout which is what I have been eating and packing on the pounds with.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/22/20 9:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Well that's a horse of a different color! It sounds tasty.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 5/22/20 11:53 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Sounds like a great way to reset. And if it's palatable, how awesome to remove all the decision making, measuring, chopping, cooking. Do you do it week by week, or did you sign up for a longer plan?

CC C.
on 5/22/20 11:57 am

It's 5 days of food sent weekly, and you can opt out or cancel at any time. Always tricky the first week as you don't know if you'll like them before it's time to say if you want the next week's. So I have this week's and next week's and I'll decide next week if I want them again. There are so many companies out there with interesting offerings, I may switch it up to someone else the next week! Or go back to cooking for myself if I'm inspired and can behave myself.

ShirlAus
on 5/22/20 2:25 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning Lovelies

Another quick visit, I am about to jump in the shower. We are heading off to buy a fireplace guard this morning. Then a bunch of our kids and grandbabies are coming for lunch so I will make Sausage Rolls once I get home. They always go down a treat.

Mum is settled at home and our visit with our grandbabies was lovely. Ashton cried as we left :( but we will see him again today

Quiet night tonight on our own. Migh****ch movies I think and just chill

No weight - classic avoidance. I hoped on the other day and it was at my danger weight so I havent hopped on again. Why oh why do I do this - will deal with it next week. We have a busy one as DH prepares to leave for Queensland for 6 weeks. Trying to see as much of the kids as we can so he spends time with them all. DSD and her partner coming for tea tommorrow night

Well I best run - have a wonderful evening all

S

diane S.
on 5/22/20 3:47 pm

Greetings my fine friends

Total ostrich behavior here as far as weight is concerned. But my clothes feel like sausage casing so I know its bad news. Good on all of you who are succeeding.

Cecily, glad your food order has some real food. Sounds pretty good. We await your further reports.

Big trip to the bank to deposit our government check. We are married but have different names and no joint account so its a big deal. Then a trip to the drive by drug store. Thats the extent of my activity. DH has decided to mow the lawn. He has battery powered mower and the yard is so tall I bet it takes him about 3 charges worth.

Still working on our studio reopen app. We decided we are most like an office as there is no category for clay studio. But people come and do work at a work station and share equipment. We are not like a retail store. Who knows what they will say.

Big news in our dinky town is that there was covid exposure at the Chevron gas station a few days ago. Health dept is asking everyone who went there during certain times to call in. So I bet a worker at their little grill was sick. Not cool. Having an electric car I have not bought gas in over a year and we never used the Chevron anyway, but its a popular spot and get a lot of visitors. So unfortunate.

More small businesses are closing for good near the one gallery. Its a bleak time for that little town. Its so dependent on the university that it will never recover until the u opens in full and that is not going to be in the fall in CA.

And what will happen to college football? Some of us are dependent.

Oh well, I count us lucky. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/23/20 4:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Here on Cape Cod there are probably many small business which have gone under which we aren't even aware of because they aren't allowed to be open. We anticipate that most of the small restaurants which couldn't be sustained with curbside takeout are gone. DS is talking about retraining- he thinks IT is the way to go, but has never really shown any acumen in that arena other than enjoying games. Who knows what his future will be. I expect there will be many start up restaurants in a year or two, but he may have to do something else in the meantime.

Peps
on 5/22/20 6:39 pm, edited 5/22/20 4:22 pm

The depressing news is that it is MOST LIKELY school will not reopen under normal conditions in the fall. However, we have no idea what the opening will look like or involve. Therefore, to keep myself sane, I have volunteered to be on the district think tank that will have input on how schools will operate during the fall of 2020. In all capital letters, I say BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Food Front: Shrink and nut appointments have been good this week. I sometimes hate how good those two ladies are at asking questions that **** me off, only to force me to find my own answers (with which I am truly comfortable). I did my homework - even writing it down so I could refer back to it during today's session. That was a good, proactive thing on my part. Helped me feel a little itty bit powerful over all this disordered eating and food issue crap I'm always trying to manage.

I think the next steps will be to slowly develop some type of nutritional plan that will help me start going in the direction of weight loss.

Part of me truly desires to have a revision WLS and continue working with the shrink and the nut. I would have a much better fighting chance of keeping the weight off now than I did before. However, I don't think one can revise a sleeve and I don't want to revise to a bypass. So, I guess I'm kind of **** out of luck there. It's going to be a long ass road to get back to a healthy weight .