VSG Maintenance Group

Monday 9/21/2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/21/20 4:37 am, edited 9/21/20 7:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 122.4.

I am still reeling from RBG's demise and what might happen. A former FB "friend" from way back posted some disgusting comments on one of my shared tributes so I had to delete his comment and unfriend him. Why are people like that??? If I disagree with someone I usually stay silent on their FB posts or at most disagree in a polite, civil manner. He had told me recently that he was estranged from his family and most former friends. I guess I know one of the reasons now.

I was alone for the first time in a long time all day yesterday. I didn't totally like it (felt lonely), but then again I am out of practice. But I did watch Schitts Creek and they swept the Emmys last night in the Comedy Series category. Such great writing and acting!

I will see Mike today - not sure if I am going there or he is coming here. It will be sunny and 60 today so the wind will likely determine our activities.

Have a safe, healthy and social day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 9/21/20 7:49 am

I am loving Schitt's Creek! Sad to be heading toward the last season on Netflix.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/21/20 7:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I was checking this morning to see how much I had left and I am only halfway through which I was happy to see!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 9/21/20 1:48 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I watched a few episodes and did not get hooked. Maybe I should try a few more... started something completly different in tone, Last Tango in Halifax. 2 episodes in, and we love it. Diane S. recommended it.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/21/20 5:00 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It definitely takes a while to get into. I thought it was stupid at first but now it just cracks me up.

CC C.
on 9/21/20 9:27 am

Scale was down a little more today. Monday check in, I was down 1.6 this week and 9.8 total. Chipping away.

I have a security camera that points at my front door. When it catches movement, it sends a 30 second video to my phone. I got one such video when I left for a walk the other day. It was shocking to see myself from behind. From the front, I can convince myself the weight gain isn't that noticeable. My stomach is still fairly flat. My face looks like me. But from behind I look like Quasimodo. I carry so much weight in my back and in the backs my arms. I happened to have a picture of me from behind on a hike someone had taken when I was about 40 pounds lighter than now. My shirt was a similar color to the Quasimodo picture. NOW I see where it all went! I'm essentially wearing a 40 pound fat-backpack. Argh. It's both discouraging and motivating to see the side by side comparison. It's one to keep at the ready when overeating sounds like a good idea.

I cleaned out a bunch of stuff from my junk room yesterday. Enough to fill my trash and recycle barrels. That's my new goal. Go through enough to fill the trash can each week (and set aside stuff for donation). I found all my old performance reviews from 20 years ago and good luck cards from when I left that job. And a bunch of blank CD-roms and the paperwork for a flip phone. It was a time capsule of a box! Gone.

Today I have a hair appointment. And a walk later. I think that's it... Hope everyone is having a good day.

Anxious to hear from Shirley on how she's doing!

DiamondD
on 9/21/20 1:54 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I'm sorry the image you saw of yourself was not to your liking, but, you are such a descriptive writer: a fat backpack! I hope it shrinks as you continue to lose weight.

Getting rid of stuff can be so liberating! I've done the full garbage can thing too. If it's not full, I sometimes look around the garage, and I can almost always find something to toss.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/21/20 5:03 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Fill up your trash can and dump a little weight each week - it will add up. Actually I really like that goal to start getting rid of stuff. Not overwhelming!

Peps
on 9/21/20 12:26 pm, edited 9/21/20 5:28 am

Not much to report from here, I guess. Life seems to be same old, same old. Work, weight issues, dogs. LOL! I don't say that in a down mouthed way. Routine is good for me.

I talked/urged Ron into finally going to look at a new car. I didn't want to let the opportunity of free financing slip by us. So.... he is the delighted owner of a new Subaru Forrester with most of the bells and whistles. The only thing he didn't pop for was leather interior. Otherwise, he got all the safety and luxury features he likes on my Outback. We figure that this will be his last vehicle. He doesn't drive much and Subarus tend to last forever, so given that he's 70 and likes to keep his cars.... Anyway, he was so dumbstruck that he qualified for the 0% financing he about cried. (Money and finance is NOT his thing.) It was really sweet to see how proud he was of getting himself into an excellent credit rating. I got to tease him, too, that his credit rating was currently better than mine because of the credit fraud and subsequent alerts I had to instigate on my credit reports. (At least none of the credit was given to whoever had my info! So, no theft. They didn't have enough of my info to get loans or credit, thank God!)

Food journey continues to fascinate. I have been challenged by the nutritionist to NOT weigh myself. Hard to do. It is so programmed into me to get on the scale each morning. But I figure, I broke myself of the morning AND night habit, so I can break myself of the daily habit. There is method to this madness, but it is unsettling.

Zoom School was done from the hospital parking lot this morning. One of the perks of remote learning. I could take my show on the road, use the hospital WiFi, and NOT get a sub when taking Ron in for HIS cataract surgery this morning. Another side perk of Covid. Gotta find the positives where I can!!!!

Wishing us all a great week.

DiamondD
on 9/21/20 2:02 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Are you still taking note of your level of hunger? I am not weighing daily right now, but I am being weighed each week at radiation. I will go back to daily once I am back in my work/morning routine. But as you noted about yourself once, I have pretty much weighed myself while watching my regain add up, the daily weighing didn't stop it. Would it have been even more if I wasn't weighing daily? Curious about the advantages of not weighing daily...