VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday, March 24, 2...

Friday, March 24, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/24/23 5:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Another day with a Justice walk and the beach. Mike and I were discussing how we are actually getting a bit bored after 3 weeks here. We love the Keys but 2 weeks would probably be enough. Unfortunately most of these houses outside of Key West are in developments with covenants requiring one month rentals. If we could find another couple to split a month with us in the future that would be ideal.

In fact we were talking about reducing the traveling a bit after this year - doing a few short trips each year (a few days to a week) with the exception of Aruba where I have the time-share for 2 weeks (and maybe the Keys). Our new condo in Florida will have the water view we look for when we rent something and we have developed a lot if activities there that we miss. If we were there longer I think we would get kayaks or join a boat club to add to the variety. Maybe we should make a plan...

Anyway, time to change and do step 1 (Justice Walk).

CC C.
on 3/24/23 2:34 pm

Hello all! Well, we got a little more snow last night. Ha! It was melted by morning. But apparently our high daytime temperatures are in the average low temperature range. Only one day in March have we reached the average high temp. Brr.

Having turned off the auto fill valves to the fountains, and the pool, thankfully, it doesn't look like any of those are leaking. Yesterday I took pictures of where the water in the pool hit on the tile and it's still at the same level today. So the leak is likely elsewhere. Narrowing it down is good. I have a plumber coming on Monday.

My taxes are submitted to the CPA! Certainly feeling less anxious today having that test behind me.

I did weigh myself this morning for the first time in a long time and it's not pretty. I think it might be time to cut way back on the carbs again and walk/hike.

Not much else happening here. Just waiting for spring to arrive.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/25/23 9:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I haven't weighed in a long time. You have much more courage than I do.

diane S.
on 3/24/23 3:40 pm

Greetings all

It poured this morning but thankfully the sun came out before I went out and about. Dropped some stuff off at the accountant relating to gallery and I gave her assistant a Fairlife protein drink since we had a conversation yesterday about which are best. When I got to the building I noticed a man in a wheel chair approaching his car in the handicapped space. When I came back out, a FedX driver was helping the man fold his wheel chair and put it in his car. Nice. I like our small town. I posted it on our town's facebook page.

Stopped in the studio and made a few things. Some kind of party was going on and a plate of some foods was forced on me. We shall see what it is. Also stopped in the grocery for a few things. Half and half was dangerously low.

CC I sure hope that leak is found. Water bills are no fun. Water is kind of expensive where we live in spite of being almost a rain forrest.

Crap. Have a jury summons. I am supposed to be off the list due to age and medical. Have to tell them again.

Liz your travel schedule would wear me slick but I love reading about it. It's good that you two are at the same activity level. You new place will reveal itself as far as stuff to do and enjoy.

DH had one of his bizarre sci fi movies on. Yuk.

I think I saw some evidence of egg beginning to hatch on one of the eagle nests. And the two whose eggs failed to hatch are seriously nesting again. Yay.

Cheers. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/25/23 9:53 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

One good thing about the new place is that it will be almost exactly like the old place in terms of people and activities. We will be in a different section of the same development. So other than a different unit and different neighbors (some we have met previously) nothing much will change.

DiamondD
on 3/24/23 4:22 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Diane S, ack, thanks for the jury duty reminder, I have a notice sitting on my desk. Its for federal court, and I need to go online and fill some stuff out.

Liz, it seems like you and Mike are putting down roots a little more in Florida. Do you think when you get your new house, and make it your own, you might be less inclined to rent it out? That it becomes more of a home, then just a place you stay for a month or two?

CC you are defining making a house your home. A lot of work going into it, but you'll have your own paradise!

Peps, how are you doing today? Hope some of the less pleasant thoughts/feelings are receding. We all think you are amazing.

Ocean Diane, did you get out kayaking yet?

Lots happening at work. Happy for Friday. DH waits to go to dinner. More later :)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/25/23 9:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We are definitely thinking that it will be our truly primary place so we may stay longer and might not rent it out. We shall see...