VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, March 27, 2...

Monday, March 27, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/27/23 3:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Today we try snorkeling again. I was able to do it on this boat last year so hopefully I can again. The wind forecast is 10-15 MPH from the SSE, so it may or may not be choppy. I think the water movement is what made me panic a couple of weeks ago. I guess we shall see...

Not much else on the plan other than probably early a late afternoon "linner" on the way back from there (we are going to Key Largo for the snorkeling which is a long way from here).

Have a marvelous Monday!

ocean4dlm
on 3/27/23 6:49 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

You'll do great snorkeling ! You have motivated me to get my kayak out of the garage and make sure it is ready for the first adventure of the season !! I'm about to get Sadie out for our walk before the storms roll in. I deboned a rotisserie chicken yesterday, so have tasty protein for a few days. I found tasty, juicy green grapes too !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/27/23 8:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Is it your foldable kayak? Does it feel like a regular kayak when in the water?

ocean4dlm
on 3/28/23 5:07 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Yes, 20 pounds and transports like a suitcase ! It is also light on the water, and my design is meant for calmer water...lakes, marshes, inlets. I have to be careful of excessive roughness, like oyster beds.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

ShirlAus
on 3/27/23 1:13 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All :) Back in Australia again after the most wonderful trip. Loved every moment and already planning our next trip.

Its now time to play catch up at work. I was here at 5.40am yesterday and worked solidily till 4.10pm.The brain switched off after that and it was time to go home and get some chores done and cook dinner. I hopped on the scales yesterday morning and I didnt put on nay weight whilst away. It was all the walking - I wish I had time to keep that up but in reality with the hours I work I simply dont. I am however 8.6 kgs 18.9lbs over what I promised myself I wouldnt go past. Sobering and I need to get my head back in the game - well and truely.

I hope you have all been well. I best keep playing catch up but will pop back in tommorrow

Take care and keep smiling

S

CC C.
on 3/27/23 2:52 pm

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time!! And the lack of weight gain is a huge win. I too am quite a bit over where I want to be. I seem to be making an attempt on food, though I'm sneaking up on myself... shhh.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/27/23 3:44 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What a trip you had! I loved the pictures. And no wonder you didn't gain as you were so busy!

DiamondD
on 3/27/23 2:52 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Here's hoping your snorkeling trip went okay Liz. I love to snorkle, but choppy water can intimidate me. When we were in Cozumel, we just snorkeled off the beaches, very rocky there so awesome fish. I wanted to go out further, but the chop scared me. I think if I had some little extra flotation, even part of a pool noodle or something, that would have helped.

Ocean Diane, get that kayak ready! I will live vicariously through you. No kayaking here until at least mid May. But that's a little dicey, because the water is still very cold. I always wear a life jacket, but still ...

Shirl awesome to see you back safe and sound from your incredible adventure. I looked at all your pictures and read your posts on Facebook. What a trip! I kept thinking, I need to go to Viet Nam, and thanks to Shirl, I would know where to go and what to do.

DH and I decided to go to NYC on our way to Boston this June. We have to be in Boston on June 28th. We are flying into NYC on the 25th, and the morning of the 28th we will take Amtrak to Boston. The only snafu is that Broadway shows are generally dark on Monday, but that's the way the dates worked out. We had 3 shows picked out we wanted to see, now we'll have to narrow it to 2. First World problems. We can go to a jazz show on Monday night. On the 29th, we'll fly to Dublin, spend a few days, then on July 2nd, cruisetime. Something to get me through the last quarter of the school year.

Speaking of school, we are again confronted by the unspeakable horror of a shooting at an elementary school. Unspeakable, and yet I feel numb to it. Any mass shooting is horrific, but there is a special kind of horror when it is little children. I no don't think we have the will to confront it, or do anything about it. It happens over and over, and even when it's the most vulnerable of all, our children being mowed down, nothing changes. The only bright spot is the bravery and competence of the Nashville PD.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/27/23 3:47 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Such a great trip plan!

I too am sick over the latest school shooting. I can't even believe that I have to preface that with "latest". What has happened to our country?

CC C.
on 3/27/23 3:04 pm

It's a gorgeous day in AZ! 30 this morning as it can get in the desert on clear nights, but 54 now and no clouds.

This morning I had a plumber out to look for my leak. He narrowed it down to one of two lines that comes from the main line on my house. One line goes to the house, pool, and original landscaping. The second line was put in by my new landscaper a year or so ago to cover trees he put in and is what he will tap into to do the irrigation overhaul. Both had shutoffs. Trying each with no water turned on anywhere but the meter still showing water being used, the meter stopped when he turned off the line to the new trees. My landscaper happened to be there with his guy working on my new irrigation timer. He finds it hard to believe I don't have geysers or any sign of water with that much water leaking. But the proof was there. Given the line is 500 ft or so long and buried 18" deep he doesn't want to dig that all up, so the plumber referred me to a guy that does leak detection beyond what he can do. They come Friday. Fingers crossed.

I have started to cut back my carbs. Not perfect, but so much better. I was down .8 pounds today. Water, but I'll take it.

I'm down to one chair to assemble, yay me! I'll post a pic on TT when they are all out there.

Take care all! Hope the scuba diving was fun, Liz!