Recent Posts

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/22/24 8:46 am, edited 4/22/24 1:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
ocean4dlm
on 4/22/24 8:44 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15
Topic: RE: Monday, April 22, 2024

I can't imagine Disney rides with a recovering shoulder ! The pool will be perfect therapy later ! Sadie sleeps with me, with a few visits to the cool floor. I have to wash my spread and blanket as well as the sheets weekly because of the fur/hair. Thanks for the reminders about cottage cheese being a great protein source. Somehow it drops out of my repertoire easily.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

ocean4dlm
on 4/22/24 8:41 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

I can't imagine Disney rides with a recovering shoulder ! The pool will be perfect therapy later ! Sadie sleeps with me, with a few visits to the cool floor. I have to wash my spread and blanket as well as the sheets weekly because of the fur/hair. Thanks for the reminders about cottage cheese being a great protein source. Somehow it drops out of my repertoire easily.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

CC C.
on 4/22/24 8:09 am

It's definitely getting light earlier. Kirby's new thing is to get up with the sun in his crate and be let out to come snuggle on my bed. I allow it because I want the extra rest and it's better than him being on my bed all night. He wiggles and sheds too much for that.

The scale is same this morning. Better 3 days in a row with no change than gaining!

We had so much fun on our plant shopping excursion. First we went to a cactus and succulent store (they had fabulous pots - I love mine, but these would have been great too). The only thing I touched was a succulent that we had a lot of in CA. I know it doesn't have any spines. Lucky me, this one had a spine that must have transferred there from a cactus! So I still have that in my finger. It's not visible at all for tweezering, but I sure feel it every once in a while. I bought a Cleveland sage plant and an artichoke agave.

Then we stopped for diet cokes (lordy it was hot down there. Hot here too, but 5 degrees makes a difference) and went to a more traditional growers nursery. We wandered there for a while and both filled a wagon with plants. I got a rose bush, a few iris, some lantana and another agave type plant. That one has baby plants (pups they're called) poking out the bottom of the pot. Free plants!

I turned the a/c on for the first time yesterday. It was 85. Same again today, the cools a little. It was the first day of the year at 100 degrees in Phoenix.

Lots of planting for me to do today. But that's all. Kirby still needs that bath, but that's so exhausting with a big hairy dog, I think I'll do it tomorrow. I do need to vacuum today. Really every day...

That's it for me. Just going to chug my Fairlife and get on with it. Hope you all have a great day!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/22/24 3:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
Topic: Monday, April 22, 2024

I've got about 5 minutes until I need to be in the shower! We are meeting DSD (is that Darling Step Daughter?) and her husband at 7:45. We are starting early with the potential of taking a break in the afternoon and coming back to the pool (yeah!). The weather forecast has improved greatly as first it was projected to be 90 with showers, then rain all day, but now it is supposed to be 78 with clouds (no rain). I won't be doing many rides with my arm but that's okay with me.

Finding healthy options will be difficult. Also DSD and husband do a lot of munchy eating vs. meals which I actually don't do much of anymore (even before tirzepatide). I guess I will try to call something a meal if I see something healthy to eat. The good thing is that I don't feel deprived at all. But it will be relief when we are back in our regular eating environment.

Have a mild Monday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/22/24 3:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
Topic: RE: Sunday, April 21, 2024

Very productive weekend for you!

Peps
on 4/21/24 7:41 pm

When I have stuff to do that I don't want to do, I procrastinate by eating. If I have a stressful day at school I start chocolate or sweet seeking behavior. I attribute that behavior to my eating disorder and am gradually learning to take control of the "reins", so to speak. The semaglutide helps A LOT! It allows me to slow down and think before eating on auto pilot.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/21/24 6:53 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I was mulling over the difference between the effects of semaglutide on you vs your brother and I also wondered about the same point that CC made. Tonight DH's daughter bought him some M&M peanuts and I briefly thought that I do enjoy them, but because I wasn't feeling a strong craving and I want to lose weight it was fairly easy for my mind to say no. But if I wasn't thinking about losing weight I could have easily had a handful.

DiamondD
on 4/21/24 3:22 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I'm feeling very industrious. After scones, we did a nice workout. I'm definitely stronger than in February.Now that I have some increased strength, I decided to start working on one of the areas I need to improve: my gait. A PT once described my core as spaghetti when I'm walking. So some of my cardio today was on the treadmill, where I concentrated on engaging my core and extending my stride with a proper push off for each step.

Got some laundry done, and then decided to tackle a loathsome writing task I had waiting for me at work tomorrow. Thinking about it was making me feel miserable, so I decided to bite the bullet and just get it done today. I don't like to give them lots of free work time during this troubled era, but it was for my own mental comfort. So the 1st draft is done and submitted to my supervisor to review.

Oh, and yesterday we deep cleaned the dining room. We didn't get to every thing I wanted to do (sliding door track still needs to be cleaned, and glass door windexed) but it looks pretty darn nice right now.

My reward is the hot tub is heating to 103. I should be out there in another hour. :)