Back On Track Together

Groups » Back On Track Togeth... » Discussion » Welcome to Back On ...

Welcome to Back On Track Together

Cathy W.
on 1/7/09 1:38 am
Welcome to our Back On Track Together group.

This group is especially for weight loss surgery post-ops that want to get back on track and stay on track. We will discuss any and all topics concerning weight loss surgery post-operatively physically and emotionally.

The purpose of this group is to provide support to each other, to share motivation, inspiration and ideas for change to incorporate health habits into our life.

For the successes and challenges that come along, we are in this together. Get back on track with us and stay there!

Cathy and Kathy
happylapbander
on 1/6/09 12:51 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
I had my lap band surgery Dec 23, 2005 and reached my goad by losing 100 pounds Dec, 2006.  and have worn the same size ever since.  I have regained some of my weight this past year (though not so much I can't still wear my clothes) and am in the process of successfully taking it off.  Of course, I'd like for it all to vanish overnight, but given that nasty thing called "reality" I am pleased with my progress.  I'm so glad to find this group as I believe giving and receiving support is vatal to our success - regardless of when we had our surgery.  I know I can sure use all the support I can get!
Tanasi6
on 3/22/09 7:36 am - East, TN
anurse
on 5/22/09 7:51 pm
Sounds like you are a happy successful lap bander keep up the good work and share how you have accomplished your goal.
Melva
on 2/9/10 7:40 am - Gilbert, AZ
Thanx Cathy & Kathy, I am ready to take control of this tool I have and after 4 years I realize I need the spport of this group. I have lost almost 200#'s and I want to keep it off I still have some more to go but I have come a long way from where I was for which I am so greatful. I am also greatful for this group, we do need each other for support and the realization we are not at all alone on this journey!
Cathy W.
on 2/10/10 10:21 pm
Hi Melva,

Congratulations on your success!  200 pounds is amazing. 

Welcome to BOTT.  It is truly an amazing group.  I am constantly touched and inspired by the members here.  We have a group of members that are special and unique in what we share and give to each other.  I am happy you are here!

Congratulations and welcome!

Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Melva
on 2/10/10 10:27 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Thank-You, glad and relieved to be here.
Melva
docsal80
on 2/11/10 12:19 am
 Hello.  Not sure that this is the way u post a new topic, but gonna try.

This is not really a NEW topic; it's just my first post here.  Hello, good to meet all of u.  
I had a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) almost two yrs. ago (will be two yrs. exactly on March 21, 2010).  It's been more than successful.  Notice i say "IT'S".  I guess i really attribute my success to the surgery and not to me.  I have lost 100 pounds and have been UNDER goal for almost one year.  However, i can't really say whjat i have done to make that happen.  My weight goes through cycles.  There r the time i lose weight (have gone down 110 lbs...much too little) and back up to 118 (FEEL FAT AT 118...LOL).  gthe losing has really nothing to do with what i eat ...my body just does that.  The gaining DOES have to do with what i eat...eat junk or too much and the scale shows it.

My fear is that even though i am still BELOW goal at 118 lbs., i will continue to gain.  I know i have control over what and how much i put in my mouth but there r times 9and they r becoming more so recently) when i just do it.  My mind literally says:  'stop, not good" and i eat anyway.  It's the old way of thinking.  There is also the old "myths" and "magical thinking"  coming back., U now, "i will make sure i start on Monday"..."it is a good day, the stars r aleigned for dieting".  so frightening to me.  I know what all of it is.  Also note that i still think of healthy eating as "dieting".

I know what i need to do but i am not doing it.  i feel so out of control.  Why am i punishing myself and how can i stop it?
"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt

REVISED GOAL:  125 lbs.

KraZyRellO
on 2/11/10 2:08 am - Ocala, FL
Thank you Cathy for approving my request.

Quick and to the point ... my highest weight was 305 ... surgery weight was 235 ( I Think ) and now I'm at 193.6 ... having motivation issues with working out and staying away from the sugar. I moved across country from California to Florida .. I'm unemployed and am strugging with loneliness. I'm waiting for that momment when I know it's going to be alright ... this is just a few things going on .... but I'm excited to be alive and getting my life back on track. I just know it's going to take longer then I had expected.

Thanks for listening
  KraZyRellO ... defining my life one day at a time.

happylapbander
on 3/4/10 11:11 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Susan - where are you?  Have missed seeing you continuing to allow us to share your journey (maybe it's just me missing your posts)

Please let us know how we can be helpful.