SOUTHSIDE WLS SUPPORT GROUP

Groups » SOUTHSIDE WLS SUPPOR... » Discussion » My bowels are a lit...

My bowels are a little upset.

paintpr
on 11/30/08 8:02 am - Byron, GA
Hi,
This is June P.  Post-Op was Nov 12, 08.  Thanksgiving was not too bad, as far as wanting to eat.  I wasn't hungry.  My kids and I did all the cooking and invited some friends over to eat.  I did eat about 2 tbsp of runny potatoes and runny cranberry jelly.  Today is Nov 30 and boy do my bowels hurt.  I eat from about 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups of  food a day ( of course 1/4 cup at a time) plus protein supplements.  Don't really know why my stomach hurts so bad.  I've had  no BM since Tuesday.  Today, Sunday I managed a small one, but it didn' t seem to help the pain.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?  I'm not eating any food tonight just drinking.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks, June P.

Jeannie A.
on 12/1/08 8:12 pm - Stockbridge, GA
Hello June,
    Please check with your Doctor and see if you might ahve some kind of blockage. I had this problem and I was given a powered laxtaive and that really worked. The other reason that you might be having a problem is because of all the protien and no fiber. You might need to take something for fiber. See with all the protien we do not get enough FIBER.

Let me know if you are any better.

Hug's
Jeannie
Jeannie Armstrong   
OH Support Group Leader
RNY 07/27/06 
sw358/ cw 175/ qw 175 to 160

I have been blessed with God's Help!

For those in GEORGIA come and join us at PEDMONT HENRY MEDICAL CENTER in the EDUCATIONAL BUILDING in Foundation Board room the 4th TUESDAY of each month at 6:30pm.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie4759_group/tab,0/page,1/#my_groups_main:1