Countdown To Slim-Down -- T Minus 3, 2 Days & Counting

Mar 23, 2013

Okay, well 2 days left and I am really starting to get amped up now. I can barely look at food without getting a little rumbly in the tumbly. I'm guessing by tomorrow I will have diarrhea from being so nervous. That's how my body works I guess.

On another note, I responded to a post the other day and the response from a different poster (not the original poster of the question) pretty much pissed me off so much I was ready to throw in the towel on responding to people here. I was ready to stop blogging and I was ready to rip this person's head off as well. After I gave myself a few hours to calm down I decided the best thing to do is to not respond to her at all, and just quit responding and trying to help but continue blogging. Blogging is mostly for me anyway.

Well, today I opened up OH and I had a message from someone. This person thanked me for some of my posts. She said she was 3 1/2 months post op and my posts were helping her. Well, I wrote back to her and thanked her and I have now decided that I will keep responding. I really mean that if I can help just one person then I'm good with that. Although my blog is really mostly for me, I am doing it with the hopes that someone reads it and is helped by it in any way at all. The same thing applies when I respond to someone's question. I know it's early on for me to be responding since I haven't even had surgery yet, but some of the answers are obvious or simple if you've done enough research. The one's that I truly no nothing about I leave alone. I definitely don't want to give the wrong advice.

Back to my adventure. Today I go shopping for my next 8 weeks menu. I come home from the hospital and immediately start pureed foods; no liquid diet. My surgeon is definitely different than most others. His method of surgery, preparation, requirements, and post-op is vastly different. After I do my shopping today I will probably come home and just try to relax. Tomorrow I took off work and I will try to relax a little more. I have to pack my bag like a pregnant woman!! I've got to be prepared when the baby comes!! When I start getting contractions I will let the wife know so we can hurry off to the hospital. I also have to clean my CPAP up. We were told that if any part of the CPAP looks dirty or unusable that the hospital will provide me with a CPAP and I've been forewarned that I DO NOT want to use theirs. I've been on a CPAP for about 10 years now I think. My current machine still looks brand new except the humidifier tank needs a good cleaning. I also bought new tubing, nose pillows, and head gear so they can't fault me there. I've been playing with the machine trying to get it set just right from starting pressure to ramp time to EPR time and level. It's all perfect these days. If I have to use one without all the fun stuff then I probably won't be able to sleep well. I should have bought a new tank though.

Damn, I really can't believe it's only 2 more days. Not even 2 if you go by hours. In less than 48 hours I will likely be having something done or perhaps being rolled to recovery. My surgeon has told me several times that he takes approximately 30 - 45 minutes so in theory, if my surgery starts on time at 8 am on Tuesday, I will be on my way to or in my recovery room in less than 48 hours from now. I guess I have to end this now because there are some feelings that you just can't put into words you know. I don't know how to explain it but I'm sure everyone has felt this way at some point in their life.