WASHINGTON FORUM GET-TOGETHER ON SATURDAY 01/24/2009
Jan 18, 2009
1) All Procedures Welcome. Pre-Op’s Welcome. Support (spouse, partner, friends) Welcome.
2) Healthy Snack Potluck: Please bring a snack that can be shared by the group. The only requirement is that each "dish" be accompanied by a recipe or list of ingredients and includes nutritional information (protein/fat/sugar/calorie content) so that every person, regardless of WLS procedure, can make an informed decision as to whether or not to eat the snack. Beverages will be provided.
3) Protein Shake Swap: Got a great tasting shake that you think others should try? Bring 10 servings, each in an individual baggie with nutritional information, to swap with others. A blender and cups will be available so that shakes can be tasted at the meeting.
4) Clothing Swap: Is your closet too full of clothes that you can no longer wear because you've lost weight? Are you near the end of your ability to "shop in your own closet" for smaller sizes? Does the idea of spending money on clothes that you'll only be able to wear for a few weeks or months just turn your stomach? Bring your now too big clothes (please make sure they are clean and in good shape) to the swap (no underwear, please - but bras and swimwear welcome). You'll be helping someone else and in all likelihood find a few "new" outfits for yourself.
5) Product Giveaway: Did you buy a canister of that new protein shake that everyone raved was so delicious and discover it made you gag? How about chewable vitamins that you found unpalatable? Are you stuck with a whole lot of baby spoons, sippee cups, etc. that you want to give away? Bring them to the meeting! One person's junk is another person's treasure!
6) Door Prizes: Like they say, you have to be present to win!
7) On-site childcare provided.