One month out

Jun 08, 2013

I am down 37 pounds so far since surgery, 3 pounds away from 100 pounds lost since I started this last year. I am tolerating most foods. I am staying away from white carbs and anything with a lot of sugar. My will power is holding up ok, I let the kids have poptarts, candy bars and doughnuts and I am not even tempted to try them. I am doing good physically as well. Going to Zumba 5 times a week and I am back to work full time. I even mowed the grass.


2 Week Check Up

May 21, 2013

I went to my 2 week check up and I am down 25 pounds. I am so happy. My surgeon said I was doing terrific and that I could go back to all my normal activities next week. I can't wait to go to my Zumba classes again and I am so close to the 100 lbs gone, sitting at 87 pounds lost so far. 


Had Surgery

May 12, 2013

I am just now writing this in my blog and I am sorry it's taken me so long. I had surgery on May 6th. I had so much trouble with the Bowel prep, I felt so bad the day before my surgery. I almost puked on my son and barely made it to the kitchen sink before I threw up from it. Thank God I had drunk enough of it at that point that I didn't have to drink any more. I had to use baby wipes with Aloe in them and some diaper cream but I survived it.

I didn't have to be at the hospital until 9am so I got the kids up and ready for school, then took a nice long shower. Finished packing my bag and then took off for the hospital. My boyfriend Ray was there with me, my Mom and Ray's mother was there with me as well. I got my pre op stuff done, IV in. The strange thing was they didn't weigh me the day of surgery. I spent about 2 hours back in the pre surgery holding area before they took me back to the OR. I never saw my surgeon before surgery, which was weird. I was out on the table before he came in. I spent out 2 hours in the OR, then was wheeled to recovery. I woke up in some pain, but they kept giving me pain meds for it so I was ok. I got up to my room about 5 that evening, got up and walked about an hour after I got in the room. I also went to pee which I was grateful for cause I didn't want cathed again. I was up and down all nigh, they didn't have me on a pain pump, just kept giving me pain meds in my IV when I needed it.

The next day was much better. I got to "eat" at lunch time, which I was grateful for, I hated not being able to have any water to drink. I got a shower that morning too. Kept walking and sipping all day. My boyfriend brought the kids in that evening to see me, also his mom, sister and niece stopped in to see me as well. The second night wasn't as bad as the first, they switched me over to pain pills instead of the ones in my IV but I had to take them more often.

I got to go home Wed around 6pm when my surgeon came out of surgery. So far the last week has been good. I have stopped taking my pain meds today, I spent 5 hours at the horse park yesterday with my kids and Ray. I have been going shopping and walking, getting out and doing something every day. I am not sure how much weight I have lost since surgery, I am about ready to throw my scales out the door cause they lie to me so much lol. I go for my 2 week post op apt this coming Friday, I also see my PCP that morning to talk about all my meds and to see which ones she wants me to take. I am so ready for the pounds to start melting away.


Got my date

Apr 24, 2013

I have finally got my date, it will be May 6th. I am so excited and nervous this has been a 10 month long journey but it will be the start of an even longer journey to get the weight off and get healthy. I go in the morning to get my pre op blood work drawn and to do a EKG on my heart. Not looking forward to the bowel prep they are having me do, I have to drink a whole gallon of liquid at 8oz every 10 min till the whole gallon is gone. Guess I will be camping out in the bathroom all day next Sunday lol. I have lost about 7 lbs so far on my pre op diet though, which makes up for the weight I gained last month  cause I had last supper mentality bad and was trying to eat at all my favorite restaurants and get in all my favorite foods while I could. I know it was bad and wrong, but I did it and I have moved on and am now doing an all liquid diet to make up for it.  

1 comment


Apr 08, 2013

arrrrrrrgggghhhh, I finally get my approval, I go to my 2 1/2 hour meeting and was told that I could call my surgeon's office last Friday to schedule my pre-op meeting with him. When I see him I will get my date of my surgery. I was so hoping that I would be able to get in this week to see him but nooooo, he is on vacation this week and won't be seeing anyone this week, so now I have to wait till next Friday before I can get in to see him. They already put me on the pre-op diet so this means I have to spend an extra week on the liquid diet. And I am in limbo as to planning when my actual surgery is till I see him next week. I am still hoping to get it before the end of the month just don't know when for sure.



Apr 03, 2013

I just got the call today, I am approved for my surgery. I will go to a 2 1/2 hour pre-op meeting tomorrow then call my surgeon the day after to get my date. I am so excited. I have been waiting 10 months for this surgery and I couldn't be happier then I am right now.


About Me
Chesapeake, OH
Surgery Date
Jun 21, 2012
Member Since

Friends 18

Latest Blog 6