*SIGHS* They Pushed My Surgery Back One Week.

Jan 24, 2011

 Here I am getting anxious already because I was getting closer to my date and just waiting, then I get the call a few minutes ago that they need to move my date back.  This is nerve racking.  My cardio clearance expired and I have to to get an updated clearance. That appointment was set to get in time for the original date.  Now I had to ask are any others gonna expire while I wait for the new date.  My Pulmonary expires on March 2. My new surgery date is Feb 28. I am so very disappointed.

 I specifically picked the week school is out because it would make things easier on the family with me being in the hospital while my son is out from school.  We live in Brooklyn and the surgery being in Long Island, It would be hard for my hubby to go back and forth between Brooklyn and Long Island. to visit me and pick up our son.  The day of the surgery, my son will probably have to miss school that day.  She asked if I was a teacher because the OR is crowded that week with teachers.  Like if I give a " FILTH FLARN FILTH"  about WHY teachers requested that week,  My reasons for requesting that week are specific and just as valid.  She said I was the 5th surgery  that day.  Fine!  I dont want to be 5th of the day when things are kinda hectic so I asked for any other day that week....NOPE

So the 28th it is. I am gonna pout all day now.  WOOOOOOSAAAAHHHHHH !

This waiting game is making me so anxious

Jan 07, 2011

I already have my date for Feb 22, now it's just waiting.  I dont know what to do with myself in the meantime.  I email the surgery coordinator  time to time just to make sure everything is going smoothly. I want to assure that the paperwork is straight.  I needed to have 2 years of medical history and weight documentation from my primary doctor. the clinic had lost my files.  So for about 2 months I was in a panic as they tried to locate my files.  When they finally did locate it, I said I am hand delivering it to the surgeon's office because I didnt want to take any more chances.    I emailed the other day to ask if there were any insurance issues.  they said they would get back to me but have not.  I guess no news is good news.
1 comment

About Me
Brooklyn, NY
Surgery Date
Jan 03, 2011
Member Since

Friends 25

Latest Blog 2