Oct 17, 2018
I am a member of a few different bariatric pages. And while many times those pages can be counterintuitive there was one post last week that not only did I think was a great idea but also participated in. We tried to come up with 101 NSV's. This post did not actually do that since many of the posts were listed multiple times. But it gave me an idea for a post for myself as well as others. I am going to try and make 101 different NSV's. This will be a post in progress until I reach my goal. Some of these are my own NSV's and some are others I thought would be good ones to add. I also tried to come up with some unique ones as well. If you have any NSV's I have not listed please feel free to reply and I may add them to the list.
1. May be taken off medications.
2. Able to do more active activities.
3. Able to keep up with younger children.
4. Able to take a bath instead of forced to always take a shower.
5. Able to use one towel instead of two to wrap up in after bath or shower.
6. Able to fit into the seats for amusement rides.
7. Able to fit into "One" Airline seat without a seatbelt extender.
8. Able to take a shower with significant other because you can both fit in the shower together.
9. Less loads of laundry because the clothes are smaller and useing less towels in shower.
10. Able to buy the clothes we actualy like instead of setteling for just the ones that fit.
11. Able to buy and wear better costumes cause they have more sizes that fit us.
12. (Not something I have had to experience but a fear I always had) Not having to have the fire department called for a "lift assist" because my weight was so high the paramedics couldn't lift me.
13. Able to wear a bathing suit without feeling like everyone is watching me cause of my weight.
14. Clothes are cheeper because they are no longer plus size.
15. Less money on food bill cause you eat less.
16. Don't get overly hot in the summer time due to the excessive weight.
17. Able to walk up and down the stairs without getting winded after just a few steps.
18. Sometimes astma will go away or be reduced.
19. Able to use a blow up air mattress on camping trips without it going flat.
20. Able to sit on the ground and be able to get back up without struggeling
21. Able to use a seatbelt in a car without it being tight, or useing extenders or not useing it at all cause it doesnt fit.
22. More room in dressers/closets (for more clothes lol) because clothes are smaller
23. Can cross our legs again
24. Able to wear heals again
25. When you go on vacation, you can pack more clothes cause they are smaller
26. If you fall down in some cases it doesnt hurt as much. (yes I fell , and with the less weight it didnt hurt as bad)
27. Able to fit behind a steering wheel without it rubbing against our stomach
28. When you go out to dinner you get to take some home to enjoy the next day because you cant eat it all
29. In some cases you can order smaller portions which are cheeper than regular portions.
30. Have more energy
31. If you play hide and seek with kids you can find better hiding spots than when you were heavier.
32. Dont have to spend extra money to get bigger size jelwery to fit around wrists or neck.
33. Dont have to replace furniture as often due to sagging cusions.
34. Standing for long periods of time, like in shopping lines lol, do not hurt your feet
35. Because you eat healthier, your skin looks better
36. Because you eat better you sleep better and are more rested
37. Going to the Dr. office you dont have to be given the huge gown
38. Being able to wear "One size fit's all" again
39. Rings fit again
40. Having an X do a double take when they see you after loseing weight
41. Able to sit in a movie theator seat without feeling like your sitting on the next person.
42. Able to sit down on metal or basic camp chairs without them bending or risking breaking.
43. Having better self esteem
44. Less chaffing between your legs when wearing shorts in the summer
45. Being able to clean the house without having to take several breaks because you get winded
46. Since you are eatting less, you can buy one meal and take the rest home for one or two more meals.
47. Being more confident in social gatherings
48. Being able to do activities you had to stop doing.
49. Being able to do exercise in public without worring about others judging you for your weight.
50. Better moods
51. fitting in bathroom stalls better without having to use the handicap stall
52. ED could go away.
53. incontence can possibly go away
Weight: 191.2 lbs, Measurments: Neck 14.5", Chest 38.0", Waist 41.0", Hips 43", Thighs 23.0", Arms 13.0"
Gastric Bypass RNY Dec. 20 2017
Dr. Gw: 185
My Gw: 175
Current Overall Weight loss -141.8 lbs.,