It has been a while since I have been on here...

Jun 25, 2008

So today I had my fourth fill and let me tell you I was a little nervous after the 3rd, yes 3rd needle bent. He finally had to break out the good ol ultra sound machine to see where the entry point was. I guess it shifted with the weight loss. I am so filled that I can't keep much of anything down. I am just praying that it loosens over the next few days because an unfill will set me back. I am at 210 as of this morning, and can't wait til the scale says 199, hopefully by the fourth of July so I can celebrate my freedom from the 200's. I will try to check in more often.

Day of surgery 02/27/08

Mar 11, 2008

I am a little behind on posting, but I wanted to jot down my experience going into surgery so I don't forget. 

I went in at 7:30 on 02/27/08 (a month to the day that we lost my father-in-law). I was scared and in tears due to still not knowing if my previous ekg that showed up abnormal was really incorrect. My mom took me and she kept telling me that it was going to be a good thing.
I had prayed for a blue sky and as we pulled into the parking lot, the clouds moved out and I got my blue sunny sky which gave me a little more peace than I had on the way there. Once I got there I went to the back with the nurse and changed into my gown. Iwas still nervous, but the nurses were talking about the American Idol that was on the night before and included me in the conversation, which really calmed me down. 

After waiting about an hour, the Dr. finished his surgery and came and introduced himself to me and the anesthesiologist came out and gave me a big hug and told me he would take good care of me. They gave me some good drugs and before I knew it I was in lala land and out for the count. 

I woke up and thought I still hadn't had the surgery, but they told me I was already done and I think I asked if they were sure because it was so fast. I was sent home at about 11:00 am. 

The rest of the week was spent walking and sleeping and eating popsicles. My highest weight was 254, which was a month before the surgery and I went in at 241.5.

I went back to work the following Monday, which may have been to soon because I sit and dive all day and my incisions hurt when I got in and out of my car. Day 6 I thought I was going to die. I had the worst pain from my shoulder to my ribs. I had had shoulder gas pain the whole week, but day 6 was by far the worst. You mightas well have stuck a knife in my ribs, it would have felt the same. That is when the heating pad because my best friend. I slept all night with 2.

Day 9 was my first day of feeling back to normal. I was fully functional. I still get a little awkward feeling if I don't eat or eat to much. 

Day 11-I am starting to feel hungry, whereas before I could have cared less about food. Counting the days til my first fill on 03/26. 

I can see a little bit of a difference in my face and my pants are falling off, which is a good thing. I am antsy though I want to work out and really start dropping the pounds.

The waiting game

Jan 11, 2008

It seems like it is taking forever to get a date, it will have been 2 weeks on Wednesday that the info was submitted to the insurance. Waiting

About Me
Surgery Date
Jan 11, 2008
Member Since

Friends 20

Latest Blog 3
It has been a while since I have been on here...
Day of surgery 02/27/08
The waiting game