15 Years Experience
12000 Surgeries Performed
Jaime S. Schwartz MD, FACS, is a Board-Certified plastic surgeon who dedicates himself to creating national policies and procedures aimed at enhancing safety and awareness for both patients and physicians especially for those undergoing plastic surgery after massive weight loss. Due to his national reputation, Dr. Schwartz was recruited to California as Chief of Plastic Surgery for a large hospital system where he was tasked with creating a plastic surgery department with a focus on patients that have undergone gastric bypass. Due to the fact that massive weight loss has many health benefits including decreasing medical conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure, part of the employee benefits included bariatric surgery. Since hundreds of people would have this surgery yearly, Dr. Schwartz was then responsible for completing the transformation process performing thousands of body contouring procedures. Due to his immense interest in Patient and Surgical safety as well as the number of surgeries he performed, Dr. Schwartz has developed techniques aimed at better outcomes in breast and body contouring known as BREAST LIPOLIFT® and BODY LIPOLIFT®. These techniques are part of Schwartz Rapid Recuperation™ which is focused on more gentle anesthesia, minimizing pain and pain medications and getting back to normal daily life in a shorter time frame. He also uses his background in FDA clinical trials and publications on wound and scar healing as part of the Schwartz Scar Secure™ method to give his patients the best scars and healing possible.
As a very active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), and a diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, he commits time to promote advances in plastic surgery and serves on many National Committees for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons These include Health Policy, Patient Safety, Emerging Trends, Quality and Performance Measurement, and the Clinical Trials Network. He has also received national recognition with many Top-Doctor, ‘Physician’s Choice’ and ‘Compassionate Doctor’ awards. Dr. Schwartz is an Associate Clinical Professor of Surgery for USC Keck School of Medicine and the Cleveland Clinic, Divisions of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Schwartz is also a thought-leader and expert in LIPEDEMA. He has diagnosed many women with Lipedema and has also presented his novel approach of using LYMPHATIC SPARING LIPOSUCTION in conjunction with LYMPHATIC SPARING BODY CONTOURING procedures using BODY LIPOLIFT®. Dr. Schwartz firmly believes that by removing excess skin from women with LIPEDEMA, it is similar to wearing a compression garment by increasing the pressures in the tissues and keeping more of the proteins inside the leaky vessels. He also believes that by contouring the body, it is easier to wear long-term compression. Dr. Schwartz has been invited and presented his novel techniques at the Fat Disorders Research Society (FDRS) as well nationally and internationally.
Please contact us to schedule your consultation: [email protected]
· Associate Clinical Professor of Surgery- USC Keck School of Medicine and Cleveland Clinic
· Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
· American Board of Plastic Surgery: December 2011
Honors and Awards:
· Super Doctors Southern California- Rising Stars: 2016, 2017, 2018
· The Aesthetic Show Awards- Best Breast Surgery: Nominee 2017
· The Aesthetic Show Awards- Best Mommy Makeover Surgery: Nominee 2017
· RealSelf Top 100 Physician: 2015, 2016, 2017
· Physicians Choice Award-Vitals.com: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
· Compassionate Doctor Recognition- Vitals.com: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
· On-Time Doctor Award- Vitals.com: 2014
· HealthGrades: Honor Roll ·Physician Excellence Award-Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital: 2012
· Georgetown University Hospital - Caring Star: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008
· Georgetown University Hospital, Department of Plastic Surgery – Outstanding Resident Teacher: 2007-8
· Washington Hospital Center – Professionalism: 2007
· American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Leadership Development Committee
· American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Breast Reconstruction Performance Measure Development Workgroup
· American Society of Plastic Surgeons-PSEN Editorial Committee-Aesthetic Subcommittee
· American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Public Education Committee
· American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Research Development Committee
· American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Clinical Trials Network Committee
· American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Quality and Performance Measurement Committee
· American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Patient Safety Committee
· American Society of Plastic Surgeons-ASPS/ASAPS Emerging Trends Committee
· American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Health Policy Committee
· American Society of Plastic Surgeons-Breast Reconstruction with Tissue Expanders and Implant Workgroup
FDA Clinical Trials
· Principle Investigator- MemoryShape and MemoryGel Breast Implants Post Approval New Enrollment Study (“GLOW Study”). ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier NCT02919592. February 2017 – Present (Enrolling)
· Principle Inves Principle Investigator. “A Phase 2, Randomized, Double-Blind, Within-Subject Controlled Study to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Various Doses and Regimens of EXC 001 for the Amelioration of Scarring Following Revision of Scars from Prior Breast Surgery in Adult Subjects”. Protocol: EXC 001-204. Excalliard Pharmaceuticals. 2011-2012. Completed
· Adjunct Plastic Surgical Procedures in the Lipedema Patient. Is there a medical necessity? Fat Disorders Research Society. Salt Lake City, UT, April 2017
· Breast LipoLift®. The Doctors Tv Show. March 2017
Is It Mission Impossible For Insurance To Pay For Plastic Surgery After WLS?
Will Insurance Cover My Plastic Surgery After Massive Weight Loss?
Need a Plastic Surgery Revision?
Is the Belt Lipectomy Body Contouring Procedure an Option After WLS?
Dr. Schwartz and his team are incredible!! I lost over 120lbs and was left with excess skin all over my body. When you've lost a significant amount of weight, it's almost impossible to see beyond the skin to the body that might be More...
I am likely not a typical patient for Dr. Schwartz. I suffer from lipedema and lipo-lymphedema that surfaced after I was 50 years old. It then took nearly a decade to obtain an accurate diagnosis, during which time my body ballooned. Some good portion of More...