RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Grim_Traveller
on 8/3/23 4:55 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Hey stranger! How the heck are you?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 8/24/23 1:00 am - Burleson, TX

Hmmm....in the past 3 years? A little stroke...got a pacemaker, after the stroke...last year pacemaker malfunctioned...on life support 5 days... but...Ta Da !!! I AM BACK! Doing really well!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Grim_Traveller
on 8/28/23 12:14 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm glad you're doing really well, but I wish you had an easier time getting there! I hope your family is doing well too.

Pop in the "What are you eating" daily thread on the RNY board. That's where most of the posts go these days.

I'm very happy to see you!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

sogagirl
on 7/31/23 5:34 am - Folkston, GA

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11382654/

NYDiva
on 8/1/23 2:59 am

You're 110 percent right.

Unfortunately peeple hang onto what they " like " and crave ( usually fats) .

Personally Im extremely happy not to have to think about food.

My constant every hour every day desires for excess food are truly over with.

Now I need to get rid of the excess skin and empty ( constantly hungry) fat cells .

LisaK/ UnstapledLisa
on 8/3/23 7:32 pm - plymouth, MN

I think your weight loss speaks for itself and imnsho nothing would shock me as far as your dumping issues.

I wish people would be mindful they can ONLY speak for their own experience and they have no right to second guess when someone on here says something.

Just keep sharing your truth, trust me given the fact I'm a medical unicorn, it might help someone along the same lines when it comes to rare complications.

Says the 21 1/2 years post rny, almost 13 years post rny reversal chick.

Peace, Lisa

LisaK/ UnstapledLisa
on 8/3/23 7:36 pm - plymouth, MN

Just need to clarify above and not trying to take away from your weight loss accomplishments but I do try to be sensitive having severe hypothyroidism too, that I did have major regain issues prior to reversal to meds even though I ate very little and what I could eat I threw up and I threw up dozens of times a day whether I ate or drank anything.

I also had bad issues with reactive hypoglycemia and orthostatic pulmonary HYPOtension and never had prior to rny or ever since any morbidities attributed to Obesity.

Point I felt I need to clear up on, is that wls peeps can try as hard as possible to lose weight and their efforts depending on their own unique medical history might make that harder to lose it all or easier to gain it back.

Kind of goes along the lines, don't judge others as you have no idea what they've been thru and what is not in the realm of their control.

peace...

sogagirl
on 8/3/23 8:47 pm - Folkston, GA

I wasn't trying to judge others. I was trying to share. On that note, I will no longer participate here. This was the first and last time on this site. Thank you for your opinion and I wish you the best.

LisaK/ UnstapledLisa
on 8/4/23 5:17 am - plymouth, MN

Teresa, I was NOT judging you, I know you didn't say anything wrong, all I was saying is I've seen a lot in my 21 years, keep sharing your truth and know that there are people here will defend you.

I was talking about the others, being kind of judgy of you, the only reason I put in about weight gain is that for some people may be compliant and still not lose weight and it's not within the realm of their control.

I'm serious, there's not much I haven't seen when it comes to bariatrics, someone could say they eat broccoli and monkeys come flying out of their backside and I don't think that would shock me.

Do NOT let anyone deter you from telling you truth, please.

Most Active