Whoopie, great news

tross1562
on 6/25/11 12:12 am - Las Vegas, NV

Well I finally got authorization from my insurance company and it's a go. So now all I have to do is figure out a day when I want the surgery. I have waited for almost two years for this and now that it's here I am excited and a little scared.  I really need to get prepared, like the protein drinks and what ever else I'm suppose to get.  Any suggestions? How did you feel after the surgery? any pain? How long were you laid up? I know I should be asking the doctor, but he has never had the surgery, I need to talk to someone who has had it. I will be attending the supoort groups so I know that will help.  I'm just nervous thats all. Well this time next year I should be alot healthier and smaller. I cant wait.

Terri    
Shana16
on 6/25/11 6:57 pm - Las Vegas, NV
What surgery are you having?  By whom?  I had the VSG by Dr. Umbach (very great docor)  I was off from work for three weeks ( wanted to go to the WLSFA Vegas Meet and Greet) I could have went back in two weeks. When I did go back to work the only pain I had was it just felt like I did to ment sit ups. I was in so much pain fro the 1st two days then after that smooth sailing.  My taste buds have changed some, I can not do(I loved the Max Protein) shakes anymore I still love my Oh Yeah Bars thank God! Right after surgery I could not do room temp or warm water it has to be ice cold.  Good Luck.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

tross1562
on 6/26/11 12:49 am - Las Vegas, NV
HI Shana,
I am having the Lap Band and Dr. Francis Teng is my surgeon.  So 2/3 weeks after surgery I guess you start feeling normal?  Not too bad. Where did you get your protein shakes? 
When did you have your surgery and how much have you lost? Sorry for the twenty questions, but I dont know anyone who has had this done. By the way I am Terri and I live in LV close to St. Rose and Eastern. I am 51, married and a grandma of two. I watch them during the summer. 
I cant tell you how happy I am about this whole thing, as I am sure you are too. Let's keep in touch. ok    [email protected]

Terri
Terri    
Shana16
on 6/26/11 3:35 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I got them at the only GNC that sold them but they just went out of business You can go on line but cost twice as much!!  You can call there 1800 number and a store in Cal will ship them to you but not for sure of the price.  I had a friend that had RNY was done by him LOVES him.  SEI Pharmaceuticals is the makers of Max.  I have a another friend that was Banded 2-16-11 has the Realiz Band, has lost around 50 something pounds.  I had mine done 4-27-11 and have lost 60, since my surgery lost 45pounds.  I think it would come off faster if I did everything like I should be doing, like getting in all my protein and water.  It is very hard to drink 64oz of water right now but am working on it.  I am not working out either cannot afford the gym so I walk when I can and am getting my bike fixed so I can go riding at night when I get out of work.  I live on Fremont/15th. I am 32 and married no childern but have 2 dogs and a fish.  I would love to stay in touch.  Best of luck with everything [email protected].  I am having trouble with my computer might have to sent it out to get fixed so if I do not respond that is why, just email me and I will do my very best to get back with you.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

Most Active