One Year Surgiversary

Michele816
on 9/22/11 10:07 am
I am 2 days late as my surgiversary was the 20th, but I have been busy with life. It has been quite a year.  I have lost 178 pounds (It still boggles my mind that I have lost a good sized, full grown man!) and have about 30-35 pounds to go.  I no longer take any meds for anything-diabetes or cholesterol. All is within normal, healthy ranges.   I can walk without my hips aching and have had a year of good health- I think I may have had maybe 2 headaches and one ever so slight cold.  I have built up muscle at the gym (been going since Halloween last year) and you can actually see the "sculpting" in my arms, shoulders and chest.  Someone even said to me recently that I have shapely legs!  I never heard that before.  My obesity used to make me want to fade into the background and I found it difficult to be around other obese individuals-not because of them, but because it was a reminder of what I was most uncomfortable with about myself.  Now, I have this desire to reach out and help others in this journey.   An empathy has developed and continues to grow in me that I didn't expect and I find myself sharing my journey openly (the kind of information I would never have thought to share with any one before) others when they ask.  I still have much to do in this journey (getting to goal weight; living in maintenance; more surgery-hernias and an abdominoplasty), but I am embracing it and what each day brings.  Thanks you, OH family for being here this last year and I look forward to all the days the future brings with you by my side to share the ride!  God bless you all!  

Ladytazz
on 9/22/11 11:21 am
Awesome job but where are the pictures?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Barbara C.
on 9/22/11 11:49 am - Raleigh, NC

Michele,

Congratulations on your metamorphosis... in so many ways. 

Wishing you continued success,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

BugdocMom
on 9/22/11 12:05 pm - CA
Congratulations!! Weigh to go!!
Kimmy44714
on 9/22/11 1:45 pm - Canton, OH
CONGRATS on your 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So glad you are feeling so much better!   That's wonderful! 

dasie
on 9/22/11 9:32 pm
Congratulations....

Most Active
Recent Topics