Getting hot and sweaty after drinking my shakes?

Shana16
on 10/4/11 1:40 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I have noticed that when I drink my shakes I am getting hot and swaety and some times a runny nose.I am using milk with it but I, well now that I think of it when I drink 8oz or more of milk it happens.  Most of the time I just take small sips of milk here and there with out having any issues.  I also just starting getting dirraeh about 20 minutes after driking it.  I have noticed if I make it with 2 scoops 32oz of protein 16oz of milk I will have issues if I mix it with 8oz milk and one scoop no issues.
Thanks for the help sorry for the reposting
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

carriesb
on 10/4/11 4:23 pm
Eventhough I have the band maybe I can help. what kind of protein is it is it just whey or anything else in it? And do you only like it with milk? I mix my shakes with water because to much milk causes me gas and I think it is the companation of the whey protein which is basically milk and then milk that might be doing it. Hope that makes sense. How many shakes are you drinking a day?
GreenGardener
on 10/4/11 9:58 pm
VSG on 06/02/09 with
 You are clearly have an allergic reaction to something -- either the milk or something in the protein powder.  I have the same reaction when I eat wheat sometimes -- not always and not predictable.  Figure out if it's the milk or the powder.  Almond or soy milk might be an alternative.  If your protein powder is made with whey, switch to soy, or vice versa.  
Shana16
on 10/5/11 10:11 am - Las Vegas, NV
Do you use Soy Protein?  What brands are good?  I use to do Almond Milk but gaive it up, maybe I will start doing it again.  Is there a test the doc can do for me to see what is going on?  Or just try soy protein and see if it helps, thanks again.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

GreenGardener
on 10/10/11 11:49 am
VSG on 06/02/09 with
 I think that figuring out allergies is mostly trial and error - a very frustrating journey.
Shana16
on 10/5/11 9:59 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hello Carrie,
I am trying different brands right now it is Muscle Milk and Pure Protein. What I do not understand is if I do the Muscle Milk with just one scoop I am ok but if I do 2 scoops 32g protein 16oz milk of Muscle Milk then the is when I have the problem or if I do one scoop of Pure Protein  I will get the hot flashes and everything else. This just started about about 2 weeks ago. I do one 8oz shake a day.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

carriesb
on 10/5/11 3:40 pm
I would try soy milk or almond milk then or even water and see if it helps and if it still does it then it's the protein powders your having a problem with. I use water in my protein shakes.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views