Terrible Gas Pains

bxbeba
on 6/27/12 1:51 am - NY
Never had a problem with eggs before, but yesterday had one hard boiled egg and one small red potato.  In a matter of one hour was doubled over with severe gas pains.  I tried everything, vomiting, 5 gas-x tablets, green tea nothing worked.  I couldn't even stand straight I hurt so bad.  Then someone in my office said to drink some ginger tea - and within 2-3 minutes I was fine.  Ginger tea is my new best friend for severe gas. 

vogue
on 6/27/12 3:02 am
VSG on 08/30/12
http://www.naturalhealthcure.org/diseases-and-treatments/ginger-health-benefits.html

Called Zingiber Officinale, ginger is a perennial plant widely cultivated in Asia for its aromatic, pungent rhizome (underground stem) used as a spice, flavouring food and medicine. Its use in India and China has been known from ancient times and by the first century AD traders had taken ginger to the Mediteranean region.

The spice has a pleasant, slightly biting taste, and is usually dried and ground to flavour breads, sauces, curry dishes, confectionaries, pickles and ginger ale. The fresh rhizome is used in cooking. The peeled rhizomes may be preserved by boiling in syrup. It acts as digestive, carminative, stomachic, anti-pyreutic, generates heat, expels flatus and cough, purifies blood and is invigorating. It is recommended in atonic dyspepsia, chronic bronchial cough and palpitation of heart. It is corrective to nauseous medicines and analgesic. It checks griping due to purgative and is needed as flavouring agent.

Digestive Problems

Taking 2 tsp of juice of ginger, fresh lemon and honey in equal quantity early in the morning helps in digestion, increases appetite and improves blood circulation.

6 gms. of ginger pieces with sendha namak taken before meals for 10 days relieves flatulence.

Powder of dry ginger, asafoetida and sendha namak taken after meals quickly relieves flatulence.

Having small pieces of fresh ginger fried in pure ghee with little salt twice a day cures indigestion. Taking 1 tsp.'Churna' ([finely powdered saunth or dry ginger, ajwain and black pepper (10 gms. each)]. Keep green cardamom (chhoti ilaichee), sugar candy (5 gms.) finely powdered and preserved in a bottle. Taking little of it after meals cures most of the stomach and digestive problems caused by gas.

Prepare decoction by boiling pieces of ginger, Dhania seeds, little of cumin seeds, 8-10 kismis (raisins) in 150 ml water till it is reduced to half of its original quality. Now strain the potion with the addition of sugar candy. This is especially potent to cure problems related to biliousness.

Drinking milk with pieces of ginger boiled in it eliminates intestinal problem.

Diarrhoea and water based disorders

Taking a few pieces of ginger boiled in water and drinking this water with munching the ginger pieces cures the problem of loose motions.

No matter how severe is the problem of hiccoughs disturbing you, just chew a few bits of fresh ginger and you would get relief immediately.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views