New here..Had surgery Thursday 5/22 band to sleeve tell me when does the pain subside

muffet77
on 5/27/14 2:00 pm - Stoneham, MA

I had my band removed and had the sleeve done on Thursday 5/22.  Almost a week ago.  When do you turn the corner for pain.  Im having a lot of trouble drinking.  Its like when the liquid hits my stomach its so painful.  I was able to drink 32oz fluid yesterday and 2 protein shakes.  Same today.  The pain meds take the edge off.   Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Alanna

56sunShine14
on 5/28/14 12:56 am

Hi Alanna,  I am getting my band removed in July but my surgeon won't do it with the revision, I have to heal first and go thru his program. 

Go back to your band rules for now and also most important, follow your surgeons instructions.  They should be pretty much the same.  Drink slowly...sipping, do not gulp or drink too fast.  Don't drink anything too hot or icy cold!  your stomach didn't really have ONE surgery, it really did have TWO at the same time.  And it is feeling every cut, staple, etc.  Give it some slack while it recovers from the horrendous wounding it has received.  From everything I have read, the pain will subside soon, just remember the above.

Good luck and hugs!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

danixbanani
on 5/28/14 1:07 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Give it some time, your body just went through a major shock.  I went from band to sleeve as well but not in one surgery.  Healing takes time.  Your stomach has been poked and prodded and cut up and stapled.  Just sip slowly and follow your surgeon's instructions.  The pain should subside soon.   Hang in there!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Most Active