weight gain

TONIANN B.
on 5/28/14 10:42 am - Aiken, SC

Hi all I need help, it's been 9 years and now I am starting to regain all the weight I lost.  Please I need help now should I go on weigh****chers or count calories.  

God bless you all and my your journey be safe healthy and happy

Ladytazz
on 5/28/14 1:23 pm

You can go on Weigh****chers or any other diet if you feel it would help you.  Many post WLS have done that successfully and like the accountability but really what would work is just going back to the basics.

Are you still doing what you did in the beginning?  Tracking your food, eating protein first, not drinking with meals or 30 minutes afterwards, but getting in enough fluids?  Avoiding refined carbs?  Whatever worked for you before will still work for you.

I always aim for 100 grams of protein and 100 oz of fluids.  I find that when I do that I am not hungry and better able to eat the way I need to.

I also accepted that I am not able to eat certain things in moderation, no matter how hard I tried.  I find it easier to not eat things with sugar and gluten then it is to try to just eat a little and then stop.

If you really are lost you can always make an appointment with a nutritionist and get a good food plan to start with.

Also, are you following up with your vitamins and supplements?  That will help, too.  Have you talked to your surgeon?  He may want to check and make sure your pouch and stoma are intact and having enlarged but if those things are as they should be then there is no reason you can go back to those basics and get back to where you were. 

It's a bit harder and you may not lose as fast but you can do it.

Good luck.  Keep posting and get all the support you can, if not at a live support group then you can find a lot of support here.  We are pulling for you.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Valerie G.
on 5/28/14 10:13 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Get rid of all that food you can eat now and get back to basics, which would be high protein, low carb (or at least no white carbs).  Slow down on fruit, too, for it has way too much natural sugars.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Gwen M.
on 5/29/14 12:43 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Focus on going back to eating the way you did when you were losing weight - quality protein sources, avoid processed foods and processed carbs.  You know what to do!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

TONIANN B.
on 5/30/14 1:10 am - Aiken, SC

Thank you I do know what to do

Gwen M.
on 5/30/14 1:52 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I apologize - reading what I wrote again, I sounded a little jerky.  I meant that in a "You know what to do!  You got this!  You can do it!" way not in a "you're stupid for asking since you know what to do" way.  

I have faith in you - you did it once, you can do it again!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

TONIANN B.
on 5/30/14 11:56 am - Aiken, SC

I know I did not take it to heart you are right I know what I need  today is a good day started  5 days ago already down 3 lbs  yes might take me longer but I sure not ever giving up .

TONIANN B.
on 5/29/14 12:46 am - Aiken, SC

Thank you so much. I am going back to the basics I found if I have enough time to take care of everyone else than I have time to care for  myself. I just needed to hear it.   No I have gotten off track and started this morning tracking foods protein and threw out all the junk I also quit smoking 4th day now so this is the best time for me to get on track,  Thanks for the words of wisdom  

Most Active