Hey, cool! 12 years out today!

AnneGG
on 7/15/22 7:01 pm

Almost forgot it's my 12 year RNY anniversary today! I'm happy to report I've been at goal weight since a year and a half post surgery. I'm in excellent health unlike before surgery. Anyway, I am beyond grateful for my surgery- 130lb loss- and am very pleased I've been able to do the work to maintain my weight loss. Way cool!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Tidgel
on 7/16/22 6:00 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Happy 12 year surgiversary and congratulations on maintaining your weight loss! That's awesome!

LeonaCR
on 7/21/22 4:56 am

Congratulations!

3horse
on 8/1/22 5:11 pm

Happy surgiversary! Good job!!

FinallyBecomingMe
on 9/4/22 3:30 am

Hi Anne!

So great to hear you're still doing so well after all these years ! We were kind of surgery sisters and sisters and companions in early recovery as well if you remember.

It hasn't been all smooth sailing for me - I suffered a nasty divorce a few years after wls ( had nothing to do with my weight loss the marriage was also post op) and the financial and other pressures led me to drink more than was good for me for a while let's put it that way :) . Feeling middle aged didn't help a bit either frankly - I felt LOST as a formerly " beautiful " woman who didn't feel worthy of maximum attention anymore.

Instinctively I didn't want to cling to what really never was .... ( since I was mostly fat in my " best " years ) but I couldn't figure out the next chapter . I think I'm doing that now ... temporarily alcohol free ( and loving it ) - more energetic, hopeful, adventurous and optimistic. I find I'm booking trips I only dreamed of ... living each day to the fullest, giving my creative impulses their head ...just having fun. Had a great health scare this year too which helped scare me straight. So far so good - no real adverse consequences yet . Fingers crossed.

Most Active