What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 5/15/24 1:57 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Yesterday was a very fun day from start to fini**** was gorgeous, sunny (in the mid 70s!), the work event was phenomenal, our team lunch was fun, and they sent us home early! Then we went to the new minor league baseball game last night with friends. Once the sun went down it was a little chilly so we bailed early, but it was fun :) We have season tickets and there are games tonight and tomorrow, too, but I don't know if I want to go tonight. It's going to be even colder -- plus I haven't eaten any of the food in the fridge so far this week.

QOTD: What's your favorite artificial fruit flavor? I'm not talking about flavors that actually resemble real fruit! I like fake orange, fake watermelon and fake grapefruit the best. Those are always my top pick for gum, seltzer, and other fake fruity crap. I know fake lime and fake cherry are usually on people's top picks but I like them the least.

Accountability: Phenomenal food choices until dinner at the ball park where I had chicken tenders and fries. I got my steps in, though!

Time for a real menu today. It's been a minute.

• protein half caf (btw, the cinnamon protein powder experiment was a huge fail)
  • egg white bites
  • cheddar cheese round & chomps turkey stick
  • turkey meatballs & air fried sweet potatoes
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 5/15/24 2:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all!

not sure what all is planned for the day. My mom has to go get an EKG this morning then she is wanting to mow. We have a good chance of severe weather so we'll see if the rain holds off. Yesterday was rough with the gum pain and back pain. Esp the gums. It was just a lot and had me down. Then I woke up about an hour after being knocked out with a low blood sugar, 54. I hate that feeling and I'm not sure why in the heck it bottomed out like that. I'm just glad I woke up due to it! I am trying really really hard not to be my usually negative self. I'm not into toxic positivity but I am trying to have a better mindset. Yesterday was hard on me with that.

We might run to the grocery store this afternoon. I made some really tasty potato soup yesterday. I just want to eat solid food though lol. My mom is needing a few things and I could use to get some more yogurt.

QOTD: I like most of em except cherry and grape. Lime is a favorite though, the more pinesol like the better...

Soft stuff for food.

Mel

Queen JB
on 5/15/24 4:08 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I don't think positivity is toxic unless it is ignoring a problem that needs to be dealt with by pretending it isn't there. Since you are actually addressing all the dental issues and not letting it get worse, only good things can come from getting yourself into a positive headspace and looking for what good things are around you :)

Melody P.
on 5/15/24 5:18 am - Amarillo, TX

I agree, I have a few friends on FB that are the toxic type. Always saying look at the positive of your situation and so on. Sometimes things are crap and sugar coating it just makes it sticky crap LOL. I know I am a downer sometimes and I really try not to be.

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 5/15/24 9:05 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Is potato spice used on potatoes, or is it used on other things to make them taste like potatoes?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Dcgirl
on 5/15/24 2:47 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Morning! Let's see if this allows me to post today! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. Your new work seems like such a great fit. I love when that happens - a great role at a great place. Season tickets for baseball is crazy to me since they play like 297 games a year. I'm sure it's fun for you guys though!

I have a ton happening the next few weeks - so much so, that I spent the last hour in bed scheduling things like when I need to go to Costco and what day I need a pedicure...trying to fit life in around travel and visitors. It should all be fun though!

Q: not grapefruit (to tart!) or cherry (too fake!). The rest is great. I do love lime. I used to buy the fake sugar-free flavored fizzy water after surgery but I haven't in a long time!

Meals today are some combination of cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, halloumi cheese and leftover herb pasta. What should not be on the menu is this addictive Cajun trail mix that I never should have bought!!

Grim_Traveller
on 5/15/24 9:06 am
RNY on 08/21/12

This league only has, I think, 42 home games, so it's not too burdensome.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Teenie
on 5/15/24 1:08 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

OK the mascot is a bulldog. Please get me a large size shirt and mail it to me. I will Venmo you the cost. I have to have one. It will be my new dog walking shirt.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 5/15/24 3:38 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I'm on it! It's a cute mascot :)

Partlypollyanna
on 5/15/24 3:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Wednesday...which is technically my friday! But oh is there a lot to do between now and the end of the day.

I have 15 half hour meetings today and my rescheduled hair cut, pick up a package being held at Fedex, plus I have to pack and make a Kohls return. Fortunately the hairdresser and kohls are in the same parking lot, I can take a route that puts the Fedex pickup on the way home, and I can pack in about 15 minutes. It's the 15 half hour meetings that will kill me, lol

QOTD - cranberry-lime, grapefruit are my favorite flavored seltzers; I also use a grapefruit electrolyte which is really good. Ratio Key Lime too...so I'm going to go with citrus as my favorite.

Yesterday was 15,361 steps and 136 active minutes.

Accountability - Small bag of Popcorn Indiana movie theater butter popcorn while waiting for my flight.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

key lime ratio yogurt

cheese sticks

RGF chicken bowl

Have to go jump on the rower before the day gets started, have a wonderful Wednesday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 308 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??