Looking for friends in the East Bay

tanya_valintino
on 11/24/11 9:27 pm - CA
My name is Tanya and I had my RNY on 10/10/11 and I'm looking for people in my area who have had the surgery. My email address is [email protected]. Looking forward to hearing from you. 
Terri Ott Norris
on 11/25/11 1:23 am - Livermore, CA
RNY on 07/18/17
I added you as a friend Tanya.  My surgeon is Eric Hahn, I am waiting for a date.  I have an appt in Fremont on 12/15, hopefully I will know more then.  I do not see anything posted about your experience, and I am curious how it went...
Chat later.

Have a Blessed Day....

BLOG: www.sweattodaysmiletomorrowcom.wordpress.com

tanya_valintino
on 11/25/11 8:51 am - CA
 My surgery went great. I was feeling good then about 5 weeks out I started having severe diarrhea. I had it for 8 days. In those 8 days I got really depressed and started having insomnia. I was so depressed because I couldn't leave my house. I went to see my Dr and he thought I had an infection in my stomach so we did some tests. He said until the results come back stop drinking milk, eating cheese and yogurt. By Saturday the diarrhea was gone. During those 8 days I was like what did I do to myself. I felt defeated and alone. When I sat down in his office I said how do I have this reversed. He called me on Monday and said it's not an infection I'm probably just lactose intolerant now. But I cant eat eggs or drink Soy milk either. Now I'm really scared to eat and I'm off all my protein drinks because everyone I look at has milk or soy in them or both. I'm now worried because I'm not getting all the protein in that I need. But I talked to a friend today who had the surgery 5 years ago and she made me feel so at ease. Like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. My cousin has been great to. We are going grocery shopping tomorrow and get me on the right track with cooking. Because I'm terrible with not eating. Bue to being scared. Right now I feel good. And ready to move forward and get out of this crazy funk I'm in. Good luck with your journey. :)
MacMadame
on 11/25/11 7:38 am - Northern, CA
There's a group that gets together every month in the Concord area. Look for posts about the "Norcal Losers" and you can get the details for each month's get together.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

tanya_valintino
on 11/25/11 8:52 am - CA
 Thank you. I will look into it. :)
Lee ~
on 11/26/11 7:59 am - CA
 There is a support group at kaiser Richmond on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month from 6-7:30 pm.  You're welcome to come.  It's on the third floor. Just ask at the info desk for the Bariatric support group.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

tanya_valintino
on 11/26/11 7:08 pm - CA
 Thank you. I told my sister I think I need a daily support group like AA. 
Lee ~
on 11/26/11 11:32 pm - CA
 I've gone to oa in the east bay. I went for many years. It's a great organization based on aa principles. There are daily meetings and you can also find meetings online.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

tanya_valintino
on 11/26/11 11:56 pm - CA
 Thank you. I tried to look up your profile and I couldn't find you. 
newbarb2
on 11/28/11 10:02 pm
Tanya,

We welcome you to come gather with our group each month.  We are not a formal support group but rather a group of friends who rallies each month to support each other, laugh and have a great time.  We've been going strong for almost 3 years now.  Our next gathering is a Potluck a week from Sat.  See my post a few lines under this thread.

Come join us, a great group!

Barb

Most Active