Losing teeth years after Bypass Surgery

lisashe
on 9/27/14 5:21 pm - Cary, NC

I am 11 years out from Gastric Bypass Surgery, and I'm losing my teeth. Has this happened to anyone else? I am also anemic. Thanks!

Lisa 

poet_kelly
on 9/28/14 3:55 am - OH

Have you been taking calcium citrate since your surgery?  How much?  What's your vitamin D level?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lisashe
on 4/29/15 4:58 am - Cary, NC

Hello! Just now saw your reply.... a little late! Sorry!  My last labs taken this past August showed that my Vit D is a "7", and my Ferratin is a "6". I have no energy, and only 10 teeth left. Depression and anxiety are bad, and I only leave the apartment for doctor appointments. I have only been out 6 times since Nov of 2013..... I just started taking Calcium Citrate with VitD3 a few weeks ago. I was told to take TUMS and Flinstone Chewables 12 years ago yesterday, my surgery anniversary date....

Valerie G.
on 9/29/14 8:32 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

This can occur with severe malnutrition.  Start first with a full nutritional blood panel.  You should be filling at least a dozen vials for this, so make sure they're not skipping anything.  That will give you what you're missing and get you started on a plan to get yourself healthy again.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active