15 days post-op.. gaining weight? :x

Mags W.
on 5/13/11 12:00 pm
Hey ya'll..

I'm sure this is common, but I just progressed to solids two days ago (was on soft solids last week) and I've found that in the last week, I've gained 2 pounds.  I'm not seriously concerned, because my surgeon warned me that gaining in the weeks before the first fill is normal, but my ridiculously critical brain is beating me to death about it.  And of course, what did I do?  I turned to my old friend, ice cream.

I know it's just two pounds (probably 4 after my ice cream binge..) but I was in TEARS telling my mother about it.  Is there anything I can do other than take two benedryl and forget today happened?

kathkeb
on 5/13/11 1:22 pm
put the rest of the ice cream down the disposal and stay off the scale
Kath

crystal M.
on 5/13/11 1:36 pm - Joliet, IL
Do what Kathy says and throw the ice cream away.  I have had to do this on occasion.  Once I bought some cookie dough and after eating 1/4 of the cookie dough RAW...I ran the cookie dough to the dumpster so I couldn't eat anymore!!!  hahaha.  Don't get in to the high calorie slider foods...it's so hard to stop and we can eat way too much of it. 

Otherwise, a person's weight can fluctuate from day to day.  Try weighing yourself only once a week.  Also, start a log of measurements too
Ms. Cal Culator
on 5/13/11 2:05 pm - Tuvalu

And SOME of it is that you hadn't really lost as much as you thought, but that you were probably dehydrated...nad now you aren't.  And, for the record, a gallon of water weighs eight pounds, so two pounds is only a quart.  Split the difference and blame yourself for one pound and re-hydrating yourself for the other.  (Which of course you hadn't really lost, right?)
Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/13/11 5:48 pm
Before your first fill is referred to as "Bandster Hell" -- it's not fun!

We have all been there.  My suggestion is to stick with your portions - don't over eat and if you get hungry before the next meal, have a healthy snack.  There is nothing wrong with a piece of fruit to help you feel satiated until it's meal time again.  Don't eat more than your doctor advised at one meal, since it just sets you up to want to do it later.  Try to fill your refrigerator with healthy snacks and they will be there when you need them.  I"m all about "prep for success" - if the ice cream is there, you will eat it.  Remove it from your house and don't bring it back.

We are food addicts.  Well, I know I am and if I am bored (I'm not an emotional eater) I want to graze.  I just have to have the right foods available.  Good Luck!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

sophiesmom712
on 5/15/11 5:09 am
Great advice...thanks!
Most Active