First Step

Steph8604
on 9/3/11 12:39 pm - Vinton, IA
I know there are a lot of things that have to be done prior to having it sent into insurance for approval, and I dont get my insurance till the first of the year. I have no even gone in for the intial consult, should I do that or wait until I have my insurance?
Sara L.
on 9/3/11 3:35 pm
Congratulations on taking your first steps! I would find out if your new insurance company will require medically supervised weight loss. Some require six consecutive months, it would help if you could start that now if you need to!
I would ask the staff at your doctor's office for advice on scheduling. They work with all the different companies and can probably get you on the right track.
Good luck with everything!!

Sara in Maui
Ladytazz
on 9/3/11 5:39 pm
Make sure your new insurance covers WLS.  Even though some companies may offer it some employers don't add it on to their group coverage to save money.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

AnneGG
on 9/3/11 11:18 pm
Also you might want to wait until your first consult is covered by insurance.

In the meantime, do all the reading and research that you can. Go to info sessions and support groups, too.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Steph8604
on 9/3/11 11:32 pm - Vinton, IA
Thanks everyone, I have called the insurance company and the one I will be on covers the surgery plus I am on month 5 of the 6 month supervised diet.
Most Active
Recent Topics