Fatty liver

iowa_missie74
on 2/17/12 9:18 am - IA
So as I am losing weight, it seems that the area where my liver sits is still protruding out a little further than the other side...maybe only an inch but it is so noticeable to me. Has anyone experienced this? As Iose more weight, will built up fat come off of my liver? I know our organs can have fat on them, as well as us just having body fat. Thanks

Jenspunky
on 2/17/12 9:47 am
RNY on 01/16/12
yup, I've noticed this for quite some time.  Hoping it shrinks to normal size, soon. :)

~Jenna 
RNY 1/16/12

CarolBeth
on 2/17/12 12:33 pm - SoCal, CA
I never noticed the shape issue (probably because I'm already misshapen from a prior major surgery with adjacent hernia), but my labs - liver panel - are all normal now, and I had a seriously fatty liver at the time of my RNY.  So yes, the fat should come off your liver as well.
Carol - RNY July 11, 2011

Kaoz789
on 2/17/12 3:06 pm
 It's not so much fat on your liver as its fat permeating the liver. There are several studies out now about natural herbs and medications that can be used to help fatty liver. However loosing wheight is always going to be at the top of the *what can I do* list.  I'd speak to your doctor if you want to try any additional supplements or medications if you're very concerned. 

Good luck! I know FLD can be painful. I wish you the best.

Tamie

Most Active
Recent Topics