Hair frustration...gone :)

iowa_missie74
on 3/6/12 1:07 pm - IA
As most of us do, I have been losing my hair for quite some time now. Seems like every day is worse than the day before. I did the best thing I could have done today, which is get a haircut. I had colored my hair 2 weeks back. A little darker than normal for a fuller look. After having 12+ inches cut off today my hair looks full and thick, like I never lost any. I will say, I had an anxiety attack about getting it cut. A xanax later, I was feeling fine. Lame, I know. Fat chics are usually the girls with the really nice long hair...now my hair is short. Good thing I'm not a fat chic anymore. Now I'm just fluffy :)

qnmimi
on 3/6/12 7:50 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
LOL...Hair loss just sucks. I lost a fair amount, and mine is blond, fine, and thankfully naturally curly. Now that my hair is filling in again, it's much curlier than it ever was...still fairly gray though.

Jamie B.
on 3/6/12 9:48 pm - MI
You can tell we are on the same journey (timeline-wise)...our thoughts/posts seem to mirror each other!! 

My hair actually clogged our drain...and as my husband fished out what resembled a small long haired cat...I almost cried. I have to stop in the middle of shampooing my hair to pull the strands out from between my fingers! It sucks.

I color my hair because my natural color is CRAP brown. I am blessed to not have any gray (yet). I have put off coloring thinking it might make it worse. What do you think? Do you think coloring made your loss any worse?

Hope things are going better at home!! I purged myself of carbs and crap these last few weeks...and feel much better! Take care, Missie!
Jamie        
lanagirl
on 3/7/12 12:31 am
I've colored mine twice since my surgery and I didn't notice it making a difference.

lanagirl
on 3/7/12 12:17 am
I accidentally got my hair cut this week too! I asked for a trim and then mentioned I had been thinking about chopping it all off  to make it look thicker and I guess she thought I meant do it now! I was really not ready but everyone keeps saying it looks good. I had about 8 inches cut off and now at least when it falls out it's not so stinking long!

Most Active
Recent Topics