Possible memory issues???

Mama477
on 9/15/11 9:32 am
I'm wondering if anyone has had any memory issues at around 5 months post-op (VSG)... seems that short term memory may be lacking!!! Could be a side effect to stress at work -- I'm just not sure.

I'm compliant with vitamins, protein, and diet in general. I did, however, figure out in the past two weeks that when I eat more calories I lose more consistently... I was averaging around 800 per day now bumped up to 900 and the scales seem to be going down more consistently. My loss pattern from month 2-5 has averaged around 8 pounds per month.

I had iron labs at 4 months and they were good. I go in the end of October for 6 month labs.

Let me know what you think!!!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Price S.
on 9/15/11 9:44 am - Mills River, NC
Everytime I thought I would figure out my losing pattern, it would change.  Maybe it was because I ate differently but who knows.  Everytime I think I am done losing, I lose some more. 

I thought my memory issues were old age, LOL.  I do think anethesia affects memory for a while??? but who knows how long.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Mama477
on 9/15/11 10:00 am
You are funny, Price! The latest thing I forgot was to go to Curriculum Night for my daughter --- oh well, I'm thankful the teacher sends home awesome newsletters each week!

Meg

kimberly_gr
on 9/15/11 10:50 am
I'm almost 9 1/2 months out from surgery, and I actually feel more mentally agile.  What other factors do you have going on? Are you getting enough sleep or are you spreading yourself too thin?

My surgeon did a 6 months checkup on me with a full boodwork panel. Will you have a similar checkup? If you have any deficiencies, it should show up.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

Mama477
on 9/16/11 1:01 am
Yep, I'll hv a full blood work done end of Oct. I am sleeping ok. Not as much as I would like!!! I could sleep in every day if you let me.

Looks like a mixed bag of experience/opinions here!!!

Thx for your response!!
Meg

Ruthie D.
on 9/15/11 12:47 pm - Mayer, AZ
You betcha... I believe I had memory issues a couple months back... but it's hard to tell for sure because I've slept since then.

LOL!

I think we have so much to learn and remember about our "plan" that it's hard to keep track of every cotton pickin' thing.  Sometimes, the brain just says, "Okayyyyy... there's too much pizza on your dang plate.  Let's kick something off.  Jalapenos or Black Olives... which shall it be?  Ok!  Both!"  and pooof! just like that it's gone!

Sure happened to me!  I'm going to assume we're pretty normal and you're doing great, Meg!!

Keep up the good work and one day at a time I think everything is going to fall into place.  My +++t's not all together but it's getting closer every day.  lol

Ruthie
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
Mama477
on 9/16/11 8:57 am
Thanks, Ruthie - - you are always encouraging and make me LOL, too! I hope my mind comes back soon! I miss it! LOLLLLL

Meg

Ruthie D.
on 9/16/11 1:13 pm - Mayer, AZ
Rofl!  I know 'zactly how you feel Miz Meg!

LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
Eliza55
on 9/15/11 11:06 pm - PA

I was having more memory issues pre surgery, but during that time I was deficient in B12, and also had undiagnosed sleep apnea.

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Mama477
on 9/16/11 9:00 am
My labs were all normal going into this -- I have had sleep issues off an on in my adult life as far as waking up for a couple hours worrying in the middle of the night. But that's it!!!

My husband has Apnea and a CPAP --- how is your apnea now?????

MEg

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 309 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 434 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 498 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 519 views