Minimalist Makeup Tips???

Mama477
on 11/2/12 3:06 am
Hey there! Hope everyone is doing well. TGIF!

I'm in need of makeup tips. I normally use a light foundation like a tinted moisturizer, cream blush, light cream matte eye shadow w a tiny bit of liner and black mascara. I don't like shimmery eyes and raccoon liner.

I'm all about speed - 20 minutes for shower, hair, makeup and downstairs. Anybody seen any good eye colors out there??? I'm a drug store girl, too!

The under eye area is not good -- I use moisturizer and sometimes put a tiny dab of Eucerin under. I think it helps???

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Ladytazz
on 11/2/12 5:37 am, edited 11/2/12 5:38 am

I've recently started wearing make up again, since I've been back at work.  I stopped wearing it about 4 years ago when I started getting sick.  It really does make a difference in how I feel about myself although at my age it's like putting lipstick on a pig, if you pardon the kind of pun.

I am a cheapie so I buy most of my make up at the dollar store.  You can get some real buys, name brands that cost a lot more in other stores.  I usually get my eye shadow, blush, lipstick, mascara and brushes there.  I don't chinz on the foundation since that is so close to the skin.  Last week I splurged on an anti aging kind, wanting to see if it made a difference.  By splurge I mean I spent $10!  It didn't really help, at least to me.  Nothing short of surgery will help me at this point, sadly.  I also found some really great buys at Grocery Outlet, like Revlon and things like that.  I like the mineral powder face powder but rarely wear it alone.  I usually put on foundation and then a light coating of the mineral powder to set it.

I also like to work fast so what I do is put on concealer under my eyes and on the top lid, for a primer and to cover the dark circles.  I found some inexpensive anti aging concealer at the Grocery Outlet for about $3 that works good. Then I put on the foundation.  I use a make up sponge to apply it. I put a dark colored powdered eye shadow in the crease of my upper lid, some warm color like a honey shade on the upper lids and a lighter color under the brow.  I use some kind of fool proof eye liner pencil, a every thin line on the top of my upper lashes and an even lighter stroke under my lower lashes.  I use very little mascara.  I usually wipe the tip of the mascara wand and the brush to get off most of the mascara with a tissue and just use a tiny amount since I hate heavy mascara.

Then I use a big brush and lightly wipe it on my powdered brush and put it on my cheek bones.  After that I use the mineral face powder on a brush and lightly powder my face.  After all that I take a tissue and blotter my face to blend the make up in and take off the excess and I put on lipstick and I'm ready to go.  It all takes about 5 minutes and I think it looks pretty natural. 

I don't use any other products like anti aging creams or moisturizer on my skin.  I do buy make up remover wipes and use that every night so my face is clean when I go to bed.

I avoid too much color.  I usually go for beiges, browns and natural shades on my eyes.  Sometimes I will get adventurous and use a rose colored eye shadow but that's about it.

The picture from my avatar is how I usually look.  I don't know if you can see it so I will see if this comes out bigger.

Here is a picture of me without make up so you can see the difference.

Pretty hideous, isn't it?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Jody ***
on 11/2/12 6:20 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Well... my routine is not nearly as quick as yours, but I usually wear full makeup.

Foundation - lilght coverage

powder blush - rosy tone use it on the top of my cheekbones and on the upper part of my eyelid, between the lid and the brow bone

purple eye shadow,  - I also use a cranberry (light) color - I have green eyes, so look online and find colors that will compliment your eyes

liner inside my top lid only - don't do your bottom lid - it makes them look wider and less tired.  Also, I don't typically put shadow under my lower lid either. 

Once in awhile I also go to a makeup counter ilke at Macy's and have them give me a "re-do" - I get some ideas from them too.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

lerkhart
on 11/2/12 11:29 am

I wear a base of Oil of Olay w/SPF in it because I have Roscea and must wear sunscreen.  Then I use a light color Cover Girl base.  I don't have to wear blush because of the Roscea-it looks like I have blush on all the time-although it does not seem as bad since I lost weight.  I like light colors for eye shadow now.  I used to wear blue, but at my last make over the girl told me that should be a big no no for me!!

I use a light color eye shadow and some liner, lipstick.  I don't wear mascara unless I'm going to a special event.

I like to go to a department store like Belk's and let them give me a make over and suggest colors and items.  You can then go somewhere like Walmart and get something very similiar.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 309 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 434 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 498 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 519 views