VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Mother's Day, Sunda...

Mother's Day, Sunday, May 12, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/12/24 7:00 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Mother's Day to mothers of humans and pets! Not always my favorite day after I lost my oldest but I do celebrate with my kids. Youngest DD sent flowers and DS is going with us to brunch mid-day. An excuse to dress up anyway (which I definitely do enjoy ;).

DS was in a bit of a snit yesterday afternoon after I mentioned the timing on getting my Cape house on the market. He thought he could go to DH's house with his cat until the end of the year but we said not while DH's kids are using the house in August and early September. I said we would figure it out but the cat (and related paraphernalia) do have to be out while the house is being shown. He seems to be in a better frame of mind this morning.

Looking forward to watching Westminster this week looking for Peps and Blitz. So exciting!

Have a marvelous summery Sunday!

Miss150
on 5/12/24 7:20 am

164.6 Whoop!

I love the idea of Mother's and Father's Day for the simple fact that 1. every living being, has both a mom and dad, celebrate them ( if for no reason than they gave you the gift of life).

2. Every time anyone cares for or contributes to the raising up, welfare, and nurturing of souls is parenting. There is honor in doing that no matter the recipient-any life we touch in those ways counts!

So, celebrate, all, for the gift you are to others today!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/12/24 8:09 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Congratulations on 164.6!

So true!

Miss150
on 5/12/24 12:22 pm

Thanks. I haven't seen the 160's since early June, 2020. There were many a "wake up and get your **** together " these last 4 years, but I couldn't string enough days together, caved, and just kept gaining till in April this year when I hit a high of 194. There's truth in the saying,

If not now, when; if not you, who?

CC C.
on 5/12/24 12:50 pm

Last month, April? 30 pounds in a month?

Miss150
on 5/12/24 5:34 pm

6 weeks (April 2). Yah, thereabouts- am sure a plateau is lurking and will slow progress down some, but I'll take the express train as long as it lasts.
Slider carbs and sugar are the Devil and weight loss comes to a screeching halt and when I indulge in more than a taste all bets are off and intense cravings set in. With me, like an alcoholic, some is too much and everything is never enough.

CC C.
on 5/12/24 7:55 am

Happy Mother's Day to the moms! I appreciate that I got a few emails from companies saying they didn't want anyone to feel bad, so if you wanted to opt out of their Mother's Day ads, you could. I think that's smart. In the first years after my mom passed away, I would have welcomed that. I never realized how many ads there were for the day until it reminded me mine was gone.

Rude awakening from my "kid" who threw up pieces of a lick mat he apparently ingested last night on my bed and himself. Thankfully I have a sheet on the top for just such mishaps, but gross. Laundry going.

A low weight today! 29.4 lost. These last few pounds have taken their own sweet time, but that's par for the course.

I'm looking forward to seeing Peps at Westminster!

Take care all!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/12/24 8:10 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Congratulations on another lower weight!

Sorry you had to deal with the yuck (not that different from human kids...).

Miss150
on 5/12/24 12:43 pm

Westminster is a party I can't wait to attend. Go Devon, go Blitz!!!

AND, go you, ****ly!

Swann ate the heal of one slipper sock, and that's been it - However, he goes bat**** crazy when the vacuum cleaner comes out, or when outside, both riding and push mowers, tiller, and even the deck push broom or shaking rugs. If he could pull the wheels off and tear these things limb from limb, I'm sure he would.

Fingers crossed Kirby is just exploring his environment and willl lose interest in such behavior.

DiamondD
on 5/12/24 10:29 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Happy Mother's Day! Its a beautiful day here, sunny and heading toward 80. So far I've celebrated by reading the paper on the porch and eating 4 pieces of bacon.

The Opera was beautiful, but I succumbed to peer pressure and had too much champagne. 2 glasses at dinner, one during intermission, and 1 with dessert afterwards. I'm not moving too fast today!

No plans today, as I did not make any. DH asked me what I wanted to do, and I said not make any more decisions! I think last night was celebrating enough.

I did wake up a little sad this morning, knowing DD leaves tomorrow. When she arrived almost 2 weeks ago, it seemed like it would be such a nice long visit, but it went by so fast.

DS does DJ ing as a hobby (a genre called dubstep) and he was an opener for kind of a bigger name dubstep guy at a music festival in Milwaukee last night. This is his passion (but not career, because it would be very hard to make a living), so I'm very pleased he got this gig.

I think my book and an ice cold diet coke is calling my name. Lazy afternoon on the porch.