VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, May 13, 202...

Monday, May 13, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/13/24 5:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nice day yesterday - I was able to do justice to the brunch food as we were there for 3 hours and I ate very small amounts - I mostly ate protein forward foods but in small quantities.

It is youngest DD's birthday today - I'm never around for her birthday (or DS) since they are in the spring but I will see her soon.

Today we have little planned. DS will be working but wants to get lunch at the clubhouse. Not sure about this evening.

8 days until we fly north and 2 days left in the sling. I have already gotten so I leave the sling off in the house except for sleeping.

Have a munificent Monday!

Miss150
on 5/13/24 8:22 am

Rain, or rather, drizzling this morning, so inside contemplating projects but nothing screams, "yes, come play". Perhaps a no nothing day is in store..

Definitely needing some of that munificent stuff !

CC C.
on 5/13/24 8:40 am

Weight the same today. I am feeling thinner, but then I caught a glimpse of myself from the side walking past a mirror and recoiled in horror. I have a long way to go. I disproportionately store fat in my upper arms and back that is what shocked me. Funny how I knew it but couldn't truly see it 30 pounds ago.

The roofers are powerwashing the roof today in preparation for recoating. It's noisy up there!

My landscaper is coming by to look at a different sick tree this morning. I feel like all I do is tree triage these days...

I'm going to have to set an alarm for Peps tomorrow (even though Kirby is pretty reliably waking me up at 5:15 these days, I basically just yell no! for 15 minutes while he cries and paws at the crate, then relent and let him out, where he jumps on the bed and lays on me with sharp elbows and nibbles at himself and the bedding for an hour while I pretend to sleep. So restful. Not.).

That's all the news from Sedona. Furniture comes Thursday. Take care all!

Miss150
on 5/13/24 12:24 pm

I become invisible whenever I gain weight past my goal range; the greater the weight, the more invisible I become. First, the scales disappear from my morning routine, then, magically, the tight and soon to be unwearable clothing in the closet take a puff. During the regain, I begin to bypass myself in mirrors - firstly my body and eventually I stop even looking at my face. Poof!!! invisible to myself (and others-or so I think !)..problem solved, right?

I decided to do a practice run, making sure I had the right setup for Devon and wonder dog. We have Fox Sports 2 and 1 through our provider which also lets us into FoxSports.com on line. For our situation here, which may not apply elsewhere,

FX2, on TV was live, BUT, there are 9 rings going at the same time, so was showing only the last go around and then the winnerof each breed spending less than 2 minutes per breed- that's it.

FoxSports.com gives you a choice of each of the 9 rings and shows the whole entire process from dogs coming out, getting pictures taken...etc- each dogs time with judge and the whole process to the whole end . I need Devon to let us know which ring he will be in.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/13/24 12:49 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I got it up and running: Ready to tomorrow morning!

Miss150
on 5/13/24 6:07 pm

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/13/24 12:43 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Trying to be invisible anyway - good description.

diane S.
on 5/13/24 11:23 am

Greetings all

Oops, missed yesterday. Gallery duty and it was busy. One of our puppies stopped by with her owner. Such a silly puppy Sassy and a good little gallery ambassador. Quite a few customers made the time go by.

Kiln opens today and I hopefully have a lot of new stuff. My gallery spot is almost empty.

Sounds like all the Mothers had a good day. Nice.

Lots of adulting things today. Refill dog meds, make calls, send cards, figure out how to pay the new car lease on line, get half and half, do gallery banking, fold clothes and yada yada yada.

We started the new series "Sugar" last night. It seemed kind of ragged at first but is interesting. A missing person mystery. A keeper.

Hoping I can get DH to Tivo Peps tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

DH just got home from doctor apt. He is likely going to have some vein sealing in his legs because valves don't work and his legs got really swollen. He now wears those compression socks but the seal will fix that. I am somewhat uncertain about how necessary this is but will check further. A couple of friends have done this.

CC sorry for your laundry issue. Washing machines should have light, medium, heavy soil and dog barf cycles. Kudos on pounds lost.

DD opera night sounds great. Glad it was a fun evening. Yay you for asking for a no decision day. Sometimes being in charge is overrated.

Enchilladas again tonight. Mostly chicken so not too unhealthy (she rationalized).

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 5/13/24 3:41 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

DD left this morning. :( She's 31 years old, and living the life she is meant to live, but I do miss her and her brother. I'm not jealous of much, but I am jealous of parents whose children live close by and can have lunch with them on a weekend. But the important thing I hug to myself, they are both doing okay in this life. The whole point of motherhood.

I surely didn't want to go to work today, but it was okay once I got there. I guess there's a lesson there, things we dread aren't as awful as we were projecting.

Otherwise life is its usual Monday routine. Another week begind. And no strike, that would have been today!