11 months out!

Lauren1979
on 4/24/09 2:09 am - Holden, MA
Hey guys... I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well... It will be one year for me on May 1st... I am doing great. I finally picked up my exersize and am loosing once again... I am at the gym 5-6 nights a week and I just got home from doing a 2 1/2 mile jog with my kids and dog. Even though I wish I was farther at this point I know I will get there. I have never felt this good in my life....

Starting weight 332 lbs
Date of surgery 307 lbs
Today 205 lbs

Total loss 127 lbs

55 lbs till goal

"Life is way to short to live in the past" and "keep your feet on the ground while reaching for the stars"

Joyce_V
on 5/1/09 12:00 pm, edited 5/1/09 12:00 pm - Brownsburg, IN

I will be at one year on the 29th of this month.  The time has gone so fast.  I take a picture monthly and compare them.  What a difference!  It makes me smile when I see the difference.  I'm like many of you:  I'm off all my meds.  I started on two for BP, one for cholesterol and one for diabetes.  Any time I get my BP checked lately, it seems to be at 100/60.  I never even knew it could be that low!  I'm not doing great with my exercise.  My normal forms of exercise are walking or riding my recumbent bike for 20 minutes.  I really need to up my exercise.  My weight loss has really slowed down.  I average about 5 pounds a month.  I know if I got more activity, it would probably come off faster, so I need to get busy.

Like others have said, I have absolutely no regrets that I had this surgery.  It has changed my life and my outlook on life.  I have about another 60 pounds to lose, but I'm not giving up.

Updated 07/30/09
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi May 2008 friends!
Happiness-is-a-choice · 0 replies · 476 views
Happy 4 years
Jeffrey B. · 2 replies · 1437 views
Happy 3 Years!
MotivatedOne · 0 replies · 1138 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 1253 views