Update to Tijuana DS surgeon

Jory S.
on 4/29/08 3:59 am - OK
Unfortunately, Belinda is not on OH.  Her name and number were given to me by Dr. Huacuz - OOPS on his part.  I can call her and see if I can give you her number if you would like?

HW 281 | SW ?? | CW ?? | GW 125
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/08 4:58 pm - AZ
On April 29, 2008 at 10:59 AM Pacific Time, OkieMasseuse wrote:
Unfortunately, Belinda is not on OH.  Her name and number were given to me by Dr. Huacuz - OOPS on his part.  I can call her and see if I can give you her number if you would like?
Yes, please.  I would appreciate that.  I am happy to give her my number if she prefers. I just found out today that Huacuz should not be claiming to be a fellow of FACS.  He is not.  He gave bogus information to OH and of course, OH didn't verify. Of course, the organization is not at all pleased and they have already started the process of diong whatever it is they do to stop him from claiming to be a fellow of ACS. ;o)
Jory S.
on 4/29/08 10:44 pm - OK
On April 29, 2008 at 11:58 PM Pacific Time, MidwesternGirl wrote:
On April 29, 2008 at 10:59 AM Pacific Time, OkieMasseuse wrote:
Yes, please.  I would appreciate that.  I am happy to give her my number if she prefers. I just found out today that Huacuz should not be claiming to be a fellow of FACS.  He is not.  He gave bogus information to OH and of course, OH didn't verify. Of course, the organization is not at all pleased and they have already started the process of diong whatever it is they do to stop him from claiming to be a fellow of ACS. ;o)
Could you e-mail me your name and number and I will call her and give it to her?  I'll tell her that you would like to talk to her about Dr. Huacuz and the issues she had with him.

monax4
on 4/22/08 12:41 pm - Central, CA
How terribly sad for Marty and his family.  They're in my prayers. thanks for posting, it will help remind everyone to do their home work.
Monax4 SW/227, CW/171, 5'3.25"

AttyDallas
on 4/22/08 3:49 pm - Garland, TX
Yes, Texas BC (and their "air-tight blanket exclusion") is of the devil .. !   >;-(>     I remember getting so mad at BC as a pre-op that I wanted to stage a "biggie sit-in" or convergence at their HQ in Abilene to call attention to our plight (if not the steps of the Capitol in Austin) ..     More states really need to pass laws like presently exist in a handful of states making exclusion of WLS illegal in their state's policies ..  It will probably never happen in Texas, though, b/c of the big lobby and influence that the health ins. cos. have over our legislature ...
attydallas_dblcentury.jpg picture by cmirving 

AttyDallas
on 4/22/08 3:55 pm - Garland, TX
 and would you believe he charges $18,500.00 U.S. (last I heard) for his butchery?  That's about 50% more than Dr. Antelmo charges and is probably more than Dr. Baltazar charges now ..  (and I think more than Dr. Marchesini) ..   !
attydallas_dblcentury.jpg picture by cmirving 

Jory S.
on 4/23/08 12:38 am - OK
On April 22, 2008 at 10:55 PM Pacific Time, AttyDallas wrote:
 and would you believe he charges $18,500.00 U.S. (last I heard) for his butchery?  That's about 50% more than Dr. Antelmo charges and is probably more than Dr. Baltazar charges now ..  (and I think more than Dr. Marchesini) ..   !
For revision to DS with Dr. Huacuz, it is $14,000 (lap) and $11,000 open.

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/08 4:02 am - AZ
On April 22, 2008 at 10:55 PM Pacific Time, AttyDallas wrote:
Huacuz starts out high and if he can get it, he does.  If you tell him it is too expensive then he cuts his price to what you can afford. He dreams big, let's just say that. ;o) He advertises $8500 for banding but will go as low as $6500 if that is what you can pay.  He just gets whatever business he can get.  He depends on people who don't research their doctor or those that are shopping for price. He damn sure does not go by skill or reputation.
giggles01
on 4/28/08 6:01 pm

why dont you ask dr.huacuz how much he spent on the patient. i can tell you way more than the patient paid. i know this doctor and i was there during this time. the doctor worked day and nite on this man. dr. huacuz is no butcher. you are evil. you dont even know him. you go by others . i have had many surgeries by him.... all good. not every patient is a success story , but it is not due to the dr's lack of effort of skill. he also has an excellent staff. i dont work for him, but i do respect him.

Johna
on 4/28/08 9:41 pm - Leon County, TX
Who Cares how much Huacuz spent on Marty? He's the one who screwed him up in the first place!!!! Are you for real???  If he lives through this, he will be in financial ruin for the rest of his life!!!! And right now, that's the least of his worries! Huacuz's "lack of skill"??? His family had to fight Huacuz to get him out of there, after finding him lying in a hospital bed with blood pooled around him on the floor! Yes, Marty's brother actually said "it looked like a butcher shop". Yes, maybe leaks happen, even with great surgeons... but gangrene and bleeding to death internally??? Huacuz's fault! He only tried to get them to stay so he could cover up Marty's death, which was a definite if his family hadn't got him away from Huacuz. What I've learned about him the last week, he is the slime in the bottom of a gas station toilet. Butcher? No, he even sux at making the correct cuts! The only way he could possibly hope to impress me now is to admit he is at fault with Marty, and pay his mounting medical bills. Oh, wait...if he had money he wouldn't have to work 2 jobs! And, if you were really there, how about describing Marty, or his wife? That might help me believe you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 987 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1171 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 449 views