DS resleeve in the works!!!!!

Renee2007
on 3/6/11 6:19 am - Central, FL
I wish you the best and I hope you sail through the insurance stuff. You seem to understand the risks and I only wish much success for you. I look forward to your updates. Keeping my fingers crossed for you too!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Mike A.
on 3/6/11 6:29 am - Independence, MO
Best of luck on the resleeve!

Mike
HW 452/SW 428/ CW 188/GW 190

DSn NOT BSn
on 3/6/11 6:44 am
WOW, that had to have made your day!  Here's wishing you the best for your days ahead. 
red Rose            Let Your Heart See What Your Eyes Cannot.  
* WWW.DSFACTS.COM
* Duodenal Switch Information Zone->
www.duodenalswitch.com/
* Dr. Hess' first DS patient 23 yrs ago->http://www.dshess.com/->Click link left column->First BSD/DS
* DS laparascopic animation->www.youtube.com/watch
  * DS animation->www.youtube.com/watch
* Vetted DS Surgeons-> http://www.dsfacts.com/North-American-Duodenal-Switch-Surgeo ns.html
* DS Forum->http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/a,messageboard/board_id,5357/

* Vitamins Source->
www.vitalady.com
Be the kind of woman that,when your feet hit the floor in the morning,the devil says,"OH NO, She's Up!"
SW/317CW/160s-170s   

manditude
on 3/6/11 6:53 am
Saw your other post and wanted to make sure I found this one to tell you good luck with your resleeve! 

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

Lynda D.
on 3/6/11 11:35 am
I'm new to this board and not familiar with your story. I went to your profile, but you don't have anything there about all this. Could you share your story with those of us who are new?

Thanks,

Lynda

First Surgery Date: November 5, 2005
Surgery Type: RNY--Proximal
Height: 5' 3"
Beginning Weight: 250 lbs.
Lowest Weight: 125 lbs.
Current Weight: 230 lbs. Seeking Revision to DS

Melontiwst
on 3/6/11 12:50 pm
I'm sorry Lynda! I need to update my profile majorly, I know!  Hmmmm to make it the condensed version for here, lol.  I had the DS done in September 2008, started out at 420, lost 180lbs. Bottomed out about 240.  I have tried everything in the world to keep loosing, low carbs, dieting, exercising, more protein, more water, 6 small meals, 3 larger meals, everything everyone told me to do...nothing was working. I am back up to fluctuating between 250 and 270ish, mainly 260.  I have been there for over a year now without a lb loss. I have been researching getitng resleeved (making my sleeve small again), as in a resleeve revision. I have been on here for over a year asking questions and researching. I have had some negative comments and some positive comments, kind of like a roller coaster ride, lol. I went to my surgeon and asked if resleve was possible, she said yes becuase she doesn't believe she made my sleeve small enough in the first place. I then had to do the six month dietician appoitnments which I recently finished, now my resleeve is getting submitted t insurace and I am waiting on the awnser....whether I am going to have to appeal or not!  Lil bit of drama thrown in there don't really want to retell, lol.
melitza03
on 7/14/11 2:59 am - Coloma, MI
I have much the same story as yours, except I have only just begun to tentatively poke around thinking about getting resleeved.  I didn't have a good experience with my original surgeons office, so I've been kind of "starting fresh" and seeing who is willing to operate on someone else's previous BPD/DS....

I was wondering if you got your insurance approval, and/or have moved on with the resleeve yet???
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 799 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1078 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 353 views