Completely freaking out after hitting the weights

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/11 7:28 am
My biggest mistake was getting into the weightloss mindset during my first year.  What I didn't realize was how much of my weight loss was muscle.  I'm now behind the 8-ball trying to catch up.  I also realized that I need at least 200 gm of protein daily to maintain/gain muscle mass. 

If I had it all to do over again, I would have hit the low-weight, high-rep workouts a lot sooner to at least maintain what I had preop.  I would have happily exchanged slower weight loss for loss of muscle mass.  I'm now working out unrestricted and doing very well, but it's been an uphill struggle.  I wouldn't be worried about causing a bowel obstruction. 

At 2 months out, if you had laparoscopic surgery, I don't think you would be likely to develop an abdominal wall hernia, but anything's possible.  Not lifting to prevent a hernia creates its own set of problems, though, so I would recommend going for it and not borrowing trouble that may never happen.  Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 3/12/11 11:29 pm, edited 3/12/11 11:29 pm
Hey Steve,

I remember when I got on the DS board, you were one of the first people I pm'd. You gave me such great advice then and you really helped me out now. I bookmarked  this thread and  when I have my freak out moments I'll keep coming back to it. You are one of my inspirations on this board. Thank you for all your help and keep it up.

Right now at a bit over 3 months out, I'm kicking about 130-160g's of protein. I finally found a protein that I can digest properly (just in time for when I got back into lifting). I lost a lot of muscle as well but I find HIITS and high reps low weight for upper body and low reps high weight for lower body is really helping me gain back some lost muscle.

Have you ever seen the documentary called " I want to look like that guy"?  It's about this average guy who sets out to become one of those bodybuilders in the fitness magazines. He just shreds himself and enters a bodybuilding competition. It's really motivational.  It was on youtube, but it's also on the bodybuilding.com forums
levittown_loser
on 3/12/11 11:57 pm - Levittown, PA
Yep .... at least 200 gm a day for me as well to not lose muscle.    Guys need to step it up unless they want to become skeletons which even without tan lines .... isn't sexy :) 

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/11 7:09 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 383 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 836 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 272 views