DS in Mexico

Larissa P.
on 9/11/11 11:29 pm - Denton, TX
Did anyone mention Dr Ungson in Hermisillo?

Because it's Ungson.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 12:16 am - Lancaster, OH
I know that nobody's intent was to paint Dr. Ungson as the "least unacceptable" of the surgeons in Mexico for a DS, but I would like to add that the care I got as his patient, from his staff, in the hospital that he operates out of, was as good as or better than any medical care I've received in the US.  The hospital was clean, my room was clean, everybody I came in contact was kind and professional at the same time.  I would go there again in a heartbeat.

At 310 pounds, getting there was a chore, I'll admit.  But I repeatedly told myself that this would be the last time I'd have to fly in this condition, so it would be worth it.

If your daughter thinks she'll save money elsewhere, encourage her to read Larissa's page, detailing what she went through AFTER going to the less expensive surgeon in Mexico.
(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 1:54 am - San Jose, CA
Also, if your daughter can go RIGHT AWAY, she should send an email to [email protected] to find out if she could be accepted for a VERY low cost DS with a *US* vetted surgeon.  This is all the information I can give you - send the email ASAP if she can do it within the next few weeks.
Lori P.
on 9/12/11 10:03 am - Kenosha, WI
Thanks Diana....I will pass the info on to her.  She would like to do this asap.   Thanks again for the help   :)

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/12/11 3:05 am
I was self pay also. 

I will reiterate what others have said:

Dr. Ungson

He's the only doc in mexico who had the credentials, qualifications, experience, and happy/healthy patients when it came to the DS. I was researching docs in Mexico and the USA for self-pay, if I were to have had the surgury in Mexico I would have picked Ungson. However, my insurance coverage for complications was VERY fuzzy once I crossed the border, so in the end I opted for the USA.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

goodkel
on 9/12/11 3:51 am
Diana's offer is an even less expensive option than Ungson, but it IS time sensitive. I'd move on it quickly, if I were your daughter.

Meanwhile, as Caprice mentioned, the care I received at CIMA hospital in Hermosillo was BETTER than the care I have ever experienced or witnessed in the US. It is a modern, immaculate, fully equipped hospital. The nurses combed and braided my hair for me when I came out of the shower. I don't speak a word of Spanish and it wasn't an issue. All of the surgeons/doctors and most of the nurses speak some English.

There's a review on the left side of my profile, if you're interested.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 657 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 996 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views