Constipation

beemerbeeper
on 3/25/13 2:39 am - AL

It is a balancing act.  You must get enough fat.  Calcium really causes constipation.  You will learn how you need to eat.  But do not strain in the bathroom!!! A quick fix for me is popcorn LOADED with butter.  Also I am eating cheese/egg fluffs covered in butter.  I take a **** load of calcium (pun not intended) so without the balance of fat I would be constipated.  The go-to thing for me if the butter isn't working is Magnesium Oxide (pill or capsule).  I used to have to take that every day.  Now I just have a bottle just in case.  Oh and also..I drink a gallon of water a day.

Keep notes of what you eat and what supplements you take and how your poo is.  You can figure it out.

~~Becky

M. Walker
on 3/25/13 2:55 am
DS on 02/12/13
I love your responses! I will try and get more fat in. Just when I think of fats I also think of carbs!!!

determineddanni
on 3/25/13 2:40 am

2 big poo's in the morning and I am done. If I do get constipated, I just eat a couple donuts and things start moving. I don't get backed up very often.

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

M. Walker
on 3/25/13 2:57 am
DS on 02/12/13
Thanks, I think I am getting the common denominators. Fats and more fats!

jashley
on 3/25/13 2:51 am
DS on 12/19/12

A cup of coffee with heavy cream starts things moving for me.  Some times 2 cups are needed.

It really is a balancing act, and a hard one to master at first.  You are trying to balance a boat load of protein with vitamins and fluids.  It's not easy at first, but you will get the hang of it.

At 2 months out things started to settle down.  And each month, it all gets better.

M. Walker
on 3/25/13 2:58 am
DS on 02/12/13
I have not any coffee yet, but maybe will try it tomorrow with some cream.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 581 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 958 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 326 views