Sugar Sensitivity

Sunshine16
on 11/20/14 7:12 pm

Thank you, so you think this is all related to PCOS....So if I eliminate the sugar, I wonder if I could lose the weight.  But one thing with us, it seem like we need some comfort food. If I don't do the sugar, I run to the chips or something or carbs.

Thanks for informing me, and sharing.  Not sure if I want to take another pill. Scared it will make me gain weight too.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

K P.
on 11/20/14 7:55 pm
DS on 07/08/14

I do think it has a lot to do with PCOS, and oh boy do I get comfort foods! I used to be the same way. I needed those. Not just wanted but needed, and if I didnt get it then watch out! I have found that for me at least if I cut out carbs for a few days then I dont crave them. I turn to nuts for my comfort food now, especially cashews when I need something "sweeter". Did you find when you were on your liquid diet that you still craved carbs after a few days? I didnt, but they crept back into my diet. I also have found some great hot chocolate, its very low sugar but does have a lot of fiber. Cheese works for me sometimes too, but a nice piece of cheese. 

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

Kristic K.
on 11/20/14 8:53 am - AZ
DS on 04/17/12

Hi Sunshine.  I also love...or should I say loved sweets.  My body does not tolerate any sugar or high carb foods. Believe me, I've tried thinking I would eventually get used to them after the surgery,  but no. When I talked to my surgeon, he told me that with DS sugar intolerance is typical. My stomach gets very bloated and is extremely painful and I better be near a toilet for up to 6 hours afterwards. So obviously this keeps me from eating them. I still have days where I try, but always regret it. If all that happened when I ate them was getting really tired, I could deal with that.  But you really should be eating lots and lots of protein and stay away from the bad stuff.

Sunshine16
on 11/20/14 7:09 pm

I understanding the protein, but I did not know I was signing up limitation to so many things.  Yes, I just get extremely tired, and gassy, and then I have to use the bathroom.  Once I relieve myself, I'm okay.  Thanks for sharing, it helps when you are not alone. 

I have a bad habit of eating Nestle Toll house in the evening, but if I take a nap I'm okay.  Next week I will start clean. 

K P.
on 11/20/14 7:57 pm
DS on 07/08/14

Its hard to know everything we give up until after. I figured I would give up simple carbs, and I was ok with that, but ive also had to give up pretty much fruit & veggies as well. Thats been hard because it seems counterintuitive. But lots of carbs, natural or not.

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

jason1978
on 11/21/14 9:17 am
DS on 06/24/13

You really didn't know limiting sugar was part of the lifestyle change? I still have relapses every now and then but the research ahead of time left me with very few surprises.

Check out the questbar peanut butter cups. Low in sugar , 20 grams of protein, and taste amazing.

DS on 6/24/13

SW 351

GW 190

CW 171

Sunshine16
on 11/21/14 9:50 am

This effects everyone different, some people do not have the same issues.

jason1978
on 11/23/14 1:23 am
DS on 06/24/13

Simple googling show plenty of documentation to help us understand that we should stay away from foods high in carbs or high in sugar. Seems like you are chasing a red herring. Me personally, if I have foods high in sugar (above 10G) I feel bad. This however is something I was warned about and can get plenty of data via DS facts.

have you tried sugar free high protein snacks?

DS on 6/24/13

SW 351

GW 190

CW 171

scaryreader
on 11/20/14 10:55 am - Chicago, IL

When I was much younger (from my teens until about my 30's)ice cream had that effect on me. I could only eat it at home because within 10mins. I'd be knocked out. I never knewwhy.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 337 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 801 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views