Pain after surgery

Beau2101
on 3/21/17 9:58 am
DS on 03/27/17

Thanks for the information

TvanV
on 3/22/17 6:18 pm
DS on 03/09/17

I just had my surgery on March 9, so I'm still going through the post-op discomfort. For a week after surgery, my entire abdomen felt like I'd been kicked by a horse, and that was after the pain meds. This past week, I've felt better every day and today (13 days post-op) I only have discomfort if I move too fast, stretch too far, or get bounced hard (speed bump, for example) in the car.

Remember, there are no bonus points for "being strong" and not taking the pain mess. They are offered for a reason, take them! I was able to stop daytime ones about five days post-op, but I still took one at bedtime up until two nights ago.

TvanV
on 3/22/17 6:21 pm
DS on 03/09/17

Pain mess! Oops. Meds, of course.

mylittleblackdress
on 4/6/17 10:29 am - FL

I had relatively minimal pain after surgery and after less than a week was walking over a mile at a stretch outside. My surgery was laproscopic but I had a lot of scar tissue from a previous major abdominal surgery that my surgeon had to deal with so the operation took 3 hours and was somewhat complicated. Getting up and moving after surgery is crucial and I believe it made a huge difference in my recovery and my spirits.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 380 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 830 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views